Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would a GGG vs. Froch PPV in Vegas do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG is just a prospect, If this fight happened now Froch would KO him in two rounds.

Comment

Btw i am a fan of both and don't care who wins, but if you put a guy like GGG, who is pretty much an amateur against a legend like Froch in a higher division, he's gonna get destroyed.

Comment

I think it would be a big fight, Froch's granite chin and toughness against the accuracy and power of GGG. Fans know Froch will be there to fight and I think that would bump up the numbers considerably. Plus it would be GGG's biggest test to date.

Has the Chavez Jr. fight been sorted yet?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          I honestly can't see that happening. Considering the numbers Cotto & Martinez/Canelo & Lara did recently, I don't see how Froch/GGG can level or even exceed those.

Froch's last fight was shown on HBO, as was his fight vs Kessler. All of his fights in the Super Six & vs Bute were shown on Showtime, not sure who showed his fight vs Groves in the first fight, but pretty much all of Froch's fights since Jermain Taylor were shown on American TV.

canelo and lara didn't do very well, and for good reason. marytinez - cotto did decent, but that figh twas looked at as a sham for several reasons.

when froch fights overseas, he's either on a delay, or on during the middle of the day. he's also had fights that weren't on american TV. neither of those situations lend themselves to doing well in ratings.

froch would need to fight in america, preferably on the west coast.

chavez jr first, then golovkin. if you want to make golovkin - froch a ppv fight, that's how you'd do it. the problem with the jr fight is that he's in a promotional beef with arum. arum also puts him on ppv, because he wants a garantee higher than hbo can budget.

if golovkin can somehow get a legit MW in there [and there really aren't any on the planet not named gennady,] and build some steam, and froch is on american TV for a year, they can be a ppv fight.

golovkin has a huge push on hbo right now. froch would not be the main draw at the gate, or in ppv buys.

Comment

Working...
          X