No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: I'm Not Retiring, Likely Back at Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Det. Conan View Post
    Yeah, he delivered his best punches and Walter took it steadily but once he felt Walter's power, he realize that he can't absorb too much of that blows then his mind started giving up

I always though that feathers is not for Nonito. He may have the height but not the real body & strenght of a true 126 pounders
    conan is so gay, read kindaichi!!

Comment

God saved him? Didn't know the ref implementing rules and regulatutions was God. I do wish fighters would park their religion at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfocus View Post
        God saved him? Didn't know the ref implementing rules and regulatutions was God. I do wish fighters would park their religion at the door.
        There is nothing wrong or offnesive with what Nonito said. Just leave the fighters' personal beliefs alone.

Comment

when he lost to rigo at 122 , he blamed the weight said he couldnt make it anymore that he killed himself doing so bla bla bla. Now he gets whopped at 126 and is too much weight lol make up your mind clown. I always said that when donaire wouldn't be a giant compared to his opponents, he wouldn't look so amazing anymore, looks like i was right. MAybe he sould stop fighting caribbeans, no wilfredo the electrician doesnt count, he was a better electrician than boxer lol

Comment

He relies a bit too much on hail marys, he needs to go back to his combination punching. Ever since his fight with rigondeaux he's become an overly apprehensive fighter. I think he's at that time of his career, maybe do a few more fights and then hang em up. Gotta respect Donaire though, he didn't duck young Walters and rock him.

Comment

nonito can bounce back...and even better...

Comment

Nonito's advantage has always been his ability to make the lower weight and then when he rehydrated he always looked massively bigger than the opponent. Now at 126, that advantage is gone.

He had a good run but its more than likely over.

Comment

Not sure how much better he can get without going cold turkey on his left hook reliance.

Once he hit it big with Vic, it seems he felt his left hook would be his meal ticket. It carried him for a little bit. Reaffirmed vs Montiel. However his reliance on overall left and right hand power seemed to detract from being smart in the ring.

He'd have to really adjust his game plan as he's starting to look like a target. He's not 39 years old (he's 31), but he's not 23 either. He still has time to reinvent himself while he's at a "mature peak" in his career.

Comment

Hahaha I thought he said he didn't wanna rematch rigo cuz he couldn't make 122 any more and that rigo had to fight him at 126.

He shoulda just said he didn't wanna rematch rigo cuz he can't beat him. Most people would have accepted that explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Lmao

Wasn't his excuse about the rigo fight was the difficulty in making weight, but now over a year later he wants to move back
                      Now Donaire's stuck between a rock and a hard place -- Move back down and just avoid Rigo or stay @126 and face guys his size and bigger.

Comment

Working...
                      X