No announcement yet.

Al Haymon's Contracts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
    The Big **** defending uncle Al is priceless. It's hilarious a boxing avisor/manager actually has fanboys
    unless you agree with certain posters-posters like this say you are defending. what exactly did I defend-oh yeah I responded to your point about Thurman and didn't agree with it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      How did he damage their brand? He did no more damage than ARum or anyone else did. If there was any damage, HBO damaged their own brand themselves,lets place blame where it belongs.

I can understand not putting Haymon fighters on once it became clear he was going to work with showtime to try and make them the #1 boxing network.
      How did he damage it.....he Berto'd it, but yes it's not just his fault, didn't say it was. I can just see how someone wouldn't want to work with this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Feroz82 View Post
        How did he damage it.....he Berto'd it, but yes it's not just his fault, didn't say it was. I can just see how someone wouldn't want to work with this guy.
        HBO decided to pay Berto that money-they didn't have to. They thought it was a smart investment. Hindsight they were wrong.

Like I said to weebler-al is in it for himself and surely does what others have done.

Comment

HBO decided to pay Berto that money-they didn't have to. They thought it was a smart investment. Hindsight they were wrong.

Like I said to weebler-al is in it for himself and surely does what others have done.
          I don't disagree, but they are putting on better shows without him......and look what's happening to showtime.

It sure is what others have tried or would do, but he just seems to be able to force networks into fights they wouldn't accept from ANY other promoter.

Comment

I don't disagree, but they are putting on better shows without him......and look what's happening to showtime.

It sure is what others have tried or would do, but he just seems to be able to force networks into fights they wouldn't accept from ANY other promoter.
            some of the shows-yes, others not. you can't generalize. SHowtime is doing better than it was prior to their partnership with haymon-even with 2014 being crap cards for the most part.

the point-you do not have to sign with Haymon. If you do, as with any contract, read it thoroughly and get legal advice before you sign. Make sure you understand what is required when signing.

If the contract says advisor has final say-maybe that should be considered.

Comment

some of the shows-yes, others not. you can't generalize. SHowtime is doing better than it was prior to their partnership with haymon-even with 2014 being crap cards for the most part.

the point-you do not have to sign with Haymon. If you do, as with any contract, read it thoroughly and get legal advice before you sign. Make sure you understand what is required when signing.

If the contract says advisor has final say-maybe that should be considered.
              Generalizing becomes a bit easier when you're talking about a whole year....A WHOLE YEAR is RIDICULOUS. And this is what happened to HBO previously. There were some good shows at the start of the mutiny yes, but back to the same old crap pretty quick. I've cancelled Show because of this as I cancelled HBO before.

I'm not against any of his fighters because they're with him and I see why they would sign...but if this primetime TV thing doesn't work, I wouldn't want to be signed with him when Espinoza gets the boot.

Comment

Generalizing becomes a bit easier when you're talking about a whole year....A WHOLE YEAR is RIDICULOUS. And this is what happened to HBO previously. There were some good shows at the start of the mutiny yes, but back to the same old crap pretty quick. I've cancelled Show because of this as I cancelled HBO before.

I'm not against any of his fighters because they're with him and I see why they would sign...but if this primetime TV thing doesn't work, I wouldn't want to be signed with him when Espinoza gets the boot.
                I haven't cancelled either.

I understand this. Showtime will need to do something if Haymon fighters fight exclusively on NBC. I haven't seen anything saying they will. There are still other fighters out there-showtime can do what they used to-feature unknown fighters from lower weights.

As for Haymon-if he makes the best fights among the fighters he advises-we win. If he continues with crap like the card headlined by Danny v Salka-we lose.

Comment

Someone please get rid of idiots like haymon....motherfker never hits a punching bag and makes tons of money off of other mens blood sweat and tears

Comment

Very simple issues really. The fact of the matter is that contracts like the one discussed are a de facto form of coercion. Thats wrong and as others have observed in boxing there is no "arms length' provision that states both parties need to be able to negotiate for their best interests,, from a positon of their best interests. If people like Al haymon were in real estate for example, they could freely coerce one to buy a house based on puffery, based on a lack of knowledge etc. In fact look no farther than the mortgage crisis to bare this fact out.

People can say what they want. At the end of the day contracts that coerce a person to sign, having to accept provisions not in that individuals best interests are wrong. They were wrong when King and Arum do/did it and they are wrong when Hayman does it. Boxing allows for this because it is corrupted. In sports where athletes have good free agent representation, like baseball, owners are not allowed to coerce players to sign off on clauses that are obviously coercive and limit the players self interest.

The alphabets only help Hayman and company. Instead of crying when Chisora and haye had a dust up, these idiots, like the British boxing council should be enforcing objective fight schedules that pit the best against the best. While these money grabbing thug enablers are upset at boxing's image, men like King and arum and Al ply the real thug trade. Hypocracy!!!!

And there will always be idiots who blame the fighters...Like these guys have the tools to meet the likes of a college educated snake, lawyer and represent their interests!
                    Last edited by billeau2; 10-14-2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Keith is injured. He continues to get exposure despite this. His last fight he headlined the card. Its hard to say Haymon did nothing for him.

Look, its clear Haymon is doing what he is doing for his benefit. boxing is a sea infested with sharks-we can't only get mad when one shark feasts. C'mon man.
                      isnt thurman older than canelo? cuz oscar has done much more for canelo than haymon for thurman...

Comment

Working...
                      X