Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor: Rigo is going to start to train with freddie roach? thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Rigo is going to start to train with freddie roach? thoughts?

I was checking out ego's boxing channel and according to his "sources", he is stating that Rigo is going to start to train with Freddie Roach at the wild card gym. What are your thoughts about this rumor?

Source: http://youtu.be/-4OJVvlQ74Y

This can only help Rigo...

Comment

I doubt it he was working with Roach before and left so why would he go back?

He's got the guy from his old Cuban National team working with him now so why would he leave

And who's this dude Ego?

Dude sounds like a joke to me
      Last edited by 2fast2strong; 10-13-2014, 10:08 PM.

Comment

They trained together before early in Rigondeaux's pro career. Pretty sure he debuted with Roach.

Comment

If I remember correctly, Rigo worked with Roach at the beginning of his career, but he left him because he felt he wasn't getting the respect and attention from Roach he deserved.

I don't know if they'll work together again, but if they do it can only help Rigo. Roach will make him a more offensive minded fighter, and make him more entertaining. Had Roach been in Rigo's corner for the Agbeko fight, Roach would have been telling Rigo to go for the kill instead of him throwing 500 jabs.

Let's hope it happens.

Comment

They worked together before. Freddie said hes the most talented guy he has ever worked with. Cant see anything wrong with them working together again

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
              If I remember correctly, Rigo worked with Roach at the beginning of his career, but he left him because he felt he wasn't getting the respect and attention from Roach he deserved.

I don't know if they'll work together again, but if they do it can only help Rigo. Roach will make him a more offensive minded fighter, and make him more entertaining. Had Roach been in Rigo's corner for the Agbeko fight, Roach would have been telling Rigo to go for the kill instead of him throwing 500 jabs.

Let's hope it happens.

They already worked together before and IMO, Roach is a bad match. I think during the Donaire fight either Max Kellerman or Jim Lampley made a comment that both Roach and Buddy McGirt (I believe) tried to get Rigo to become more offensive but they couldn't force him to change his style.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post

Let's hope it happens.
                This.. Perfect synopsis of what happened.

It didn't seem like a good fit at all, and I think Rigo's coach now, Pedro Diaz, is an awesome coach who is a perfect with with Rigo.

Comment

cool, still going to be boring as hell. What roach going to teach him a left hook? and just be super aggressive, great for us fans but who cant teach you that ****?

Comment

a consistently exciting aggressive rigo, damn!

Comment

Working...
                    X