Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor: Rigo is going to start to train with freddie roach? thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo came to camp late and completely out of shape for his 6th pro fight, and Roach refused to be in his corner because he got beat up badly by this random Mexican kid with 3 pro fights in a sparring session. That's what broke them off I think.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-13-2014, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Rigo doesn't need Roach(Roach can't even speak Spanish)... But it might make him more marketable to have a big name trainer... Roach's time is already dedicated to Cotto and Manny... hopefully he can devote time to Rigo if it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        They already worked together before and IMO, Roach is a bad match. I think during the Donaire fight either Max Kellerman or Jim Lampley made a comment that both Roach and Buddy McGirt (I believe) tried to get Rigo to become more offensive but they couldn't force him to change his style.
        True, which is why he left him the first time. But this time, I think Rigo finally gets it. I think he finally understands the difference between professional boxing and the amateurs, and understands that if he's not entertaining, then no network will want to put him on TV. Hooking back up with a great offensive mind like Roach will be a start in the right direction.

Comment

It would be officially Roaches best fighter he ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
            True, which is why he left him the first time. But this time, I think Rigo finally gets it. I think he finally understands the difference between professional boxing and the amateurs, and understands that if he's not entertaining, then no network will want to put him on TV. Hooking back up with a great offensive mind like Roach will be a start in the right direction.
            That's true and Roach does know how to get his fighters press and headlines, even if it's just by running his mouth. Roach did work with another great defensive fighter, James Toney, although they have very different styles. However, it shows that Roach can work with a defensive minded fighter, but I still remain skeptical this will happen again.

Comment

Say goodbye to his defense then....

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
                cool, still going to be boring as hell. What roach going to teach him a left hook? and just be super aggressive, great for us fans but who cant teach you that ****?
                Hahaha.
                Roach probably won't ever make Rigo super aggressive, that is not his style. But what he can do is teach him how to be selective aggressive. To make sure that when Rigo is fighting a guy who after 4 rounds has completely shut down, that he can still go for the kill. That he has the instinct to look for the KO rather than throw 500 jabs and cruising to a wide but extremely boring UD.

Comment

Rigondox knows that hooking up with a celebrity boxing coach is the key to his financial future

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                    Say goodbye to his defense then....
                    Rigondox amateur record is 374-12.

Very unlikely that his defense is suddenly going to evaporate

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                      It would be officially Roaches best fighter he ever had.
                      hahahahahaha dumbest shlt you have ever said on here. I almost gave you red k for saying something that stupid! :WORD:

Comment

Working...
                      X