Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor: Rigo is going to start to train with freddie roach? thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roach said rigo was the only fighter he was never able to hit on the mitts

Comment

Just check the video on YouTube of roach doing pads with Rigo to see why Rigo shouldn't go near there again
      Roach just didn't have a clue how to work with him
      No offence to roach in this but it isnt a style he knows how to work with

Comment

I don't remember Roach having trained a boxer with an overly defensive style like Rigo. Better for Rigo to go over TMT's gym and train there with Roger Sr., his overly defensive boxing style is prettly close to Miss Floyd's, and the same boring boxing style.

Comment

He's been with Roach before, but I don't think this guy is even taking trainer's instructions seriously. I've seen others like Khan who listens intently as if Roach was his father. There's this new guy like Shiming who is an amateur boxer, yet now fights more offensively than a real pro. He has no problem getting fights.

Comment

Boxers aren't afraid or scared of anyone but no one wants to get hit. Fighters as defensive as Rigo and Floyd will never become offensive fighters. From their very core, they do not want to get hit all they are "scared" if you will. They'll always think about avoiding a punch first as opposed to hitting the other guy harder first.

Comment

I hope Roach manages to turn Rigo into more of an offensive guy. It's always amazing to watch Rigo in action, I'd love to see more combinations/punches from him.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
                I doubt it he was working with Roach before and left so why would he go back?

He's got the guy from his old Cuban National team working with him now so why would he leave

And who's this dude Ego?

Dude sounds like a joke to me
                he left because roach wasn't giving him enough attention, khan made the same complaint, and im not as sure about this one, but cotto didn't fight again this year because of the same thing, he'll wait till after roach is done working with pacquiao

rigo is gonna run into the same thing

Comment

Rigo needs some stability. I've lost counts how many trainers he worked with in th last few years.

Comment

Checks my avi kids

They have worked together before

Comment

Ideally this would be a great pairing IF Roach could get Rigo to start incorporating more offense into his style...but judging from Rigo quotes it seems like he's proud about his style of fighting so I don't think him and Freddie are a good fit personally.

Comment

Working...
                      X