No announcement yet.

Demetrius Andrade On Turning Down Matt Korobov & Kirkland Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    And if he's begging for fights, wouldn't a chance at a MW belt for his best purse yet be a great opportunity? Didn't he ask for this to begin with?

Someone like Golovkin would be incredulous about such a mindset. He can't even get his mandatory challengers to fight him, let alone other beltholders.
    Golovkin isn't willing to move up in weight to fight Ward for his title.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Ducking, it's the (trend) in boxing atm.
      not canelo bro

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Golovkin isn't willing to move up in weight to fight Ward for his title.
        That's just barely comparable to Andrade turning down a Korobov fight.

A better comparison would be if Golovkin in 2012 turned down a chance to fight Arthur Abraham at 168 for a title and his highest purse. Which would never have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          That's just barely comparable to Andrade turning down a Korobov fight.

A better comparison would be if Golovkin in 2012 turned down a chance to fight Arthur Abraham at 168 for a title and his highest purse. Which would never have happened.
          I don't know. I think Andrade deserves the benefit of the doubt here. Like I said, he's a big guy and very tight at 154. If he were to move up then he'd likely have to stay up. There are big fights in his own weight class. It's not like he couldn't move up later. I doubt he was offered life changing money.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            not canelo bro
            Is Canelo boxing? Or is he a boxer, (singular)? He's got some balls though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              I don't know. I think Andrade deserves the benefit of the doubt here. Like I said, he's a big guy and very tight at 154. If he were to move up then he'd likely have to stay up. There are big fights in his own weight class. It's not like he couldn't move up later. I doubt he was offered life changing money.
              It's just weird because his team asked for the WBO MW title shot. Then when they give it to him, he turns it down? He couldn't have possibly gone in thinking he'd be making Quillin money, unless he's delusional.

It sucks for him, but he needs to take what he can get, as long as it's reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                Oh wow... Another delusional dude who follows in the footsteps of Winky Wright & Andre Ward. He turned down the fight because he wasn't going to get the Peter Quillin money.....

Demetrius talks he wants to be the best, says he's the best, then turns down opportunities with nothing on the table. Stay nothing man. Go fight on NBC sports next year with Ishe Smith, Lara, Charlo's, and Molina. Too many prima donna's in the sport these days. This guy has proved nothing and expects big money already. Take a note from a guy you criticize in Golovkin. Guy takes short money to build his brand and soon will be the next money maker in the sport.
                /thread

Comment

Andrade hasint done nothing to get a payday.Wtf this muthafcker
                  talking bout.Seems like everybody wants million dollar paydays
                  just to fight.Some bullshlt.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                    Do you realize that by saying that, you're actually condoning the mindset that's ruining boxing: "don't take the slightest amount of risk, unless there's a huge, immediate payoff".

And as many posters have pointed out, GGG earned that "hype" by staying active and impressively beating the Korobov's of the world.

Btw Geale, Macklin and even Proksa are all better wins than Vanes. They all have what Vanes lacks: a win (or in Macklin's case, what should have been a win) over a world level opponent.
                    It is their careers and their choice, if they want to take the consequences that come with that then that is their choice.

No those guys aren't better than Vanes they are all like the same fringe contender. Vanes did as good against Lara as Macklin did against Martinez~ I could rate that higher than any win Proska and Gaele have considering Gaeles win over Sturm is over a much faded fighter not an up and comer.

When Golovkin gets outboxed or knocked out come tell me what all those wins mean for his career~ answer nothing but the tears of people who think he is more than he is.

Hype is meaningless to me and I don't buy hype because hype is expensive and it never really pays out~
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 10-04-2014, 11:37 AM.

Comment

So they wanted the fight thinking Roc Nation was going to leave the same amount of money they Offered Kid Chocolate on the Table for anybody to take it? LMFAO

I'm a fan of Demetrius Andrade and I think he is a future star in this Sport but to do that he will need new Management and Promoter this makes them look like they don't know WTF they're doing

But I think staying at 154 is the right move because it is more match ups and better match ups at 154 at the moment. It does make him and his team look like they don't know WTF they're doing by just assuming they could step in for Kid Chocolate and still get what he was offered

Also his money demands need to come down, again I'm a fan but you're not at that level yet to be demanding 1 Million+ for a fight, he has the talent to get to that level but he is not close to that just yet. He just stepped up his level of competition and just became World Champion, I don't think it has been a year yet relax Andrade!

Comment

Working...
                      X