Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demetrius Andrade On Turning Down Matt Korobov & Kirkland Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did he really think he was getting the same money?

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
      He said he'd gladly fight Kirkland on the Canelo undercard. He said the he Korobov fight not happening is just about the money. It's boxing man. Dudes just wanna get paid.
      Was it actually discussed or is it just a pipe dream?
      We all know how reliable Kirkland is.... and Kirkland will want a good amount of money unless he's totally broke and desperate.

Andrade, seeing now, will want a better amount of money as the champion.

I'll surprised if it's made and even more if it actually goes through

Comment

All these supposed good fighters around 147 and 154 and none of them fight eachother. One thing I give Arum credit for is his fighters actually fight one another. Aside from Gamboa/Juanma we have seen most of their best fighters fight each other.

Comment

Agree with most of the posts on here. Boo Boo's under no obligation to fight anyone, least of all anyone at 160, but if he thinks he's some kinda star who can afford to squander chances to build his brand he's probably mistaken.

He's a good fighter and I think he had a decent shot at beating Korobov, but whilst I understand that fighting Korobov wouldn't achieve much in itself, the 160 strap would open up a new array of opportunities for Andrade.

A guy without any fights lined up could do worse than take a winnable title opportunity that comes knocking. I hope he's not counting on a Kirkland fight getting made, cos Mandingo seems to be another fighter with an over-inflated view of his own worth - I'd love to be a fly on the wall in negotiations between those two.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            I disagree about GGG he isn't that big and I don't rate anybody be beat as much better than Vanes. The difference between them is hype not what has actually been proven in the ring.

Korobov is a nothing, beating anybody would be the same to the general public as beating Korobov, I don't consider that fight very legit at all because I don't rate Korobov.

Andrade already has a belt that he won over Vanes who is like the exact same guy as Korobov~ why would this fight do anything different for Andrade~ as his next fight will be on HBO anyway.
            Do you realize that by saying that, you're actually condoning the mindset that's ruining boxing: "don't take the slightest amount of risk, unless there's a huge, immediate payoff".

And as many posters have pointed out, GGG earned that "hype" by staying active and impressively beating the Korobov's of the world.

Btw Geale, Macklin and even Proksa are all better wins than Vanes. They all have what Vanes lacks: a win (or in Macklin's case, what should have been a win) over a world level opponent.

Comment

I'm not a fan of this guy at all but I was giving him major props after hearing he was gonna take a fight at mw for the title. Now I hear this. Lol and smh at the same damn time. **** this dude! Everybody thins they're a star and demanding big money. It's a joke to me. Can't be mad at him but he's bugging out.

Comment

I don't care that he didn't take the fight. It seemed a bit random that he was getting the shot anyway. He just won his belt at 154 and there are some good fights there for him before he moves up.

I don't get why people are so critical.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  I don't care that he didn't take the fight. It seemed a bit random that he was getting the shot anyway. He just won his belt at 154 and there are some good fights there for him before he moves up.

I don't get why people are so critical.
                  I can live without Andrade vs Korobov.

My issue is that, like I said, it's an example of a common trend in boxing: if there's no immediate payoff, don't take the risk.

It's not even a high risk/low reward fight for Andrade. It's more like average risk/decent reward. It's a winnable fight and being a two-division champ would raise his profile considerably. But since there's a chance he might lose and it's not a huge money fight, he turned it down. And that's sad imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                    I can live without Andrade vs Korobov.

My issue is that, like I said, it's an example of a common trend in boxing: if there's no immediate payoff, don't take the risk.

It's not even a high risk/low reward fight for Andrade. It's more like average risk/decent reward. It's a winnable fight and being a two-division champ would raise his profile considerably. But since there's a chance he might lose and it's not a huge money fight, he turned it down. And that's sad imo.
                    Depends what he was offered. There are bigger fights at 154

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      Oh wow... Another delusional dude who follows in the footsteps of Winky Wright & Andre Ward. He turned down the fight because he wasn't going to get the Peter Quillin money.....

Demetrius talks he wants to be the best, says he's the best, then turns down opportunities with nothing on the table. Stay nothing man. Go fight on NBC sports next year with Ishe Smith, Lara, Charlo's, and Molina. Too many prima donna's in the sport these days. This guy has proved nothing and expects big money already. Take a note from a guy you criticize in Golovkin. Guy takes short money to build his brand and soon will be the next money maker in the sport.
                      Did he actually say he turned it down because he wasn't getting Quillin's purse?

Comment

Working...
                      X