Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which PPV would you get on Cinco De Mayo 2015? May vs Khan or Canelo vs Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude, no one is saying Mexicans can't afford to attend the fight. I am saying it isn't realistic to think the seats will be set at that price. If that's the case, tix for the Lara fight would've been far more expensive.

the world cup is also a far different event than this fight. it also happens once every 4 years, its an event. cotto/canelo isn't an event like Floyd/canelo was.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      ok. that's fair. still $1,500 to $3,200. for a fixed number of seats (which we assume will all be sold) even if Cotto/canelo is at $2,000 that's a lot of money lost.

If that percentage is consistent for all tiers that means MGM's live gate is roughly 40% of what it would be (assuming Floyd/khan is at same pricing structure-what if it's slightly more).
      you do not work for stub hub or ticketmaster ...................dumb mother****er, lol, you are ****in funny, lol, you are some expert at tikket sales, lol, a dilusional casual fan, lol

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        To be honest - if I'm the MGM, I'm looking forward, not back. Like it or not, Canelo seems poised to be the biggest ticket attraction moving forward. Floyd says 2015 is his last. He wants to fight in NY, he wants to fight at Wembley. Who knows. Chances are he sticks with MGM riding out.

But MGM has to look at its long term prospects. Being the venue that sees Canelo possibly get his biggest win of his career will solidify him as the MGM's biggest attaction for maybe the next 5-7 years, however long his prime goes.

Then again,with that being said, MGM promoted Floyd during Pac fight week, so their loyalty seems quite set in stone. Cotto-Canelo I still think should be in NYC
        good points. Canelo is going to be there in the future for sure. Floyd was right IMO when he says when hes gone Canelo is next.

My only point is how does the MGM justify to its board and shareholders that it booked a fight that will net them 40% less earning? Its not loyalty-its proven ability to generate money.

That would be like MGM choosing GGG/ward (better fight) over Canelo/Cotto (bigger event). I can't see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
          you do not work for stub hub or ticketmaster ...................dumb mother****er, lol, you are ****in funny, lol, you are some expert at tikket sales, lol, a dilusional casual fan, lol
          learn how to spell ticket and delusional. its not hard to get prices, you just check the site. I see your from east LA so there is no point to continue with you. you win.

Comment

dude, no one is saying Mexicans can't afford to attend the fight. I am saying it isn't realistic to think the seats will be set at that price. If that's the case, tix for the Lara fight would've been far more expensive.

the world cup is also a far different event than this fight. it also happens once every 4 years, its an event. cotto/canelo isn't an event like Floyd/canelo was.
            no one is saying african americans, puerto ricans, koreans, japanese, whites etc. cant afford too see that fight either, lol, you dumb mother****er, lol
            Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 09-11-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

learn how to spell ticket and delusional. its not hard to get prices, you just check the site. I see your from east LA so there is no point to continue with you. you win.
              if thats the case, lol, the word learn has to start with a capital L, lol, you still fail, lol
              Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 09-11-2014, 03:45 PM.

Comment

mexicans will sell out mgm at any price for canelo-cotto not canelo-lara...
                and of course will not be as big as canelo-floyd but it will be bigger than floy-chino for example..
                but again MGM doesnt get to pick who fights on that date, is the promoters and networks, and on this case i will go for TOPRANK-GBP along with HBO over TMT and SHO...

Comment

good points. Canelo is going to be there in the future for sure. Floyd was right IMO when he says when hes gone Canelo is next.

My only point is how does the MGM justify to its board and shareholders that it booked a fight that will net them 40% less earning? Its not loyalty-its proven ability to generate money.

That would be like MGM choosing GGG/ward (better fight) over Canelo/Cotto (bigger event). I can't see that.
                  if it was a good point, lol, you didnt make it, lol, u still fail, lol

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                    mexicans will sell out mgm at any price for canelo-cotto not canelo-lara...
                    and of course will not be as big as canelo-floyd but it will be bigger than floy-chino for example..
                    but again MGM doesnt get to pick who fights on that date, is the promoters and networks, and on this case i will go for TOPRANK-GBP along with HBO over TMT and SHO...
                    They are going to tell the MGM what fight to hold in their arena?

Comment

I think the arguments could easily be made. Every company has to transition their business at one point, and that initial transition will take a fiscal hit.

Either way, they also have to look out for their own interest and Floyd casually talking about fighting in NYC and UK is not in their interest. If they can capture Canelo's loyalty from the jump, then that bodes well. Much like they captured FLoyd's loyalty and much like the Garden captured Cotto's loyalty.

It's all quite fascinating - and we're all just speculating. I think GBP and TR will want to maximize the earning potential of Cotto-Canelo, and no matter how anyone slices it, competing against Floyd just hurts everyone's bottom line. Floyd fights in May, Cotto/Canelo in June. Maximize viewership

Comment

Working...
                      X