Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bernard Hopkins intimidated? (Kovalev faceoff)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Well someone posting that some fighter is robotic and will lose without even knowing the fighter is not very smart. That is not a prediction. I can say I think someone will win or lose, but to say that the reason why I think that is that the fighter is limited and I havent even watched him shows bias. Racial bias probably. He must be a fl0mo. Typical fl0mo.
    What have you expected?... and they like to pose as condescending "experts" around here...

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Na, you just get owned.

Our own discussion went like:

"GGGs opponents definitely worse than Wards"

to

"I think they are on par" (after I explained who Paul Smith is)

to

"Na, I'm not gonna vote in that poll he just put up cos it's embarrassing."
      Holy shyt, I don't even have to prove it, they prove it themselves^.
      If you have to change subjects when cornered, make up things, and follow people into other threads, you've failed at life. I'll never understand how some people find that kind of behavior to be an enjoyable thing to do with their time.

I don't have time for it so don't be upset if I don't reply after this. Gotta put you on the Bando list for a while.

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      Well someone posting that some fighter is robotic and will lose without even knowing the fighter is not very smart. That is not a prediction. I can say I think someone will win or lose, but to say that the reason why I think that is that the fighter is limited and I havent even watched him shows bias. Racial bias probably. He must be a fl0mo. Typical fl0mo.
      I don't think Kov is robotic but if someone else does, whatever. I'm not going to get upset about it. I really wish people weren't so quick to throw race into the conversation as a means of dismissing someone's opinion. People do that to me all the time and it's bizarre because they usually get it wrong (not you, others).

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        But then he took some losses (Dawson, for instance) which showed he was no longer a top fighter. Then began a little run of beating these young fighters, some with titles, who were clearly in over their heads and just not that good. And somehow with every win some posters were ready to call him the GOAT or greatest of this era. Glad that's all over but nevertheless he is a true ATG and one of the greatest fighters I ever had the priviledge of watching.
        Yea, I always had mixed feeling about Hopkin's late run. On one hand, I love stories of those who overcome and always had a soft spot for the "badass old man" character. On the other hand, I didn't like that it had become a smash and grab. I feel the same way about Wlad. Yea, tremendous skill and intelligence in the chessmatch sort of way. But, not the sort of thing I find particularly entertaining.

But, that's what's great about boxing. It takes all types. The chess players, the barbarians, and everyone in-between. Would be pretty 2-dimensional without that so I really appreciate all these guys.

Comment

Working...
        X