Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bernard Hopkins intimidated? (Kovalev faceoff)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
    Hopkins always brings up his prison time as inspiration. It's amazing what he's accomplished considering where he was. And yes, serving five years in prison will toughen a man up, it is part of who Hopkins is. Just like any other athlete who overcame adversity.

I don't think you follow Kovalev much then. He is a trash talker. He usually always says disrespectful things about opponents or potential opponents. Again, I love this stuff, but Kovalev is no Manny Pacquiao Mr. Nice Guy.
    dont see whats so inspiring with hopkins bringing up his prison time. he was there because he broke the law. good for him for paying his debt to society and bettering himself but I have alot more compassion for the fighters that came from poor broken homes but kept out of trouble. thats inspiring

Comment

• I am a tad worried that Kovalev might be legend struck. What I mean by that is that due to Hopkins' status and how long he has been in the sport (these fighters were just starting out while Hopkins was on the big stage), they tend to smile and respect them. This respect tends to transfer into fight night and they don't go out with the same killer instinct, they have this weird fatherly appreciation and respect that doesn't allow them to

I hope I'm wrong. I believe Kovalev will get past it and punish Hopkins. It's just an observation I had ever since their interview with Kellerman.

Comment

• all i know is old man hopkins will know true fear once he steps into the ring with kovalev.

Comment

• im just waiting for Bernard to say that he isn't gonna lose to a white boy again

Comment

• B-Hop is old school, he doesn't fear anybody.

He looks supremely confident actually. He might be 50, but he's still totally confident of kicking ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
              Typical Hopkins stare down. Can't take anything away from it.

On another note. Remember when everyone was saying B-Hop would avoid this fight like the plague?

Anyone that predicts Kovalev KO's B-Hop, and it happens, you can't really rub it in anyone's face. You guys didn't even think he'd take the fight in the first place.
              You sound worried as **** lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                Yeah but even if there was no joke, where the hell did that even come from? Such a strange reply. I was scratching my head for a minute trying to fugure that one out.
                That's MDPopescu's posting style. It's more strange that several established members here are still confused by it. I nominated him for poster of the year last year... the dude is crafty with words, Imdazed, not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                  That's MDPopescu's posting style. It's more strange that several established members here are still confused by it. I nominated him for poster of the year last year... the dude is crafty with words, Imdazed, not so much.
                  I'm pretty sure English isn't even his first language but he still managed to out-wit DAZED

Comment

• Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                    Yeah I understand now. I didn't notice IMDAZED's location so imagine my confusion lol

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                      dont see whats so inspiring with hopkins bringing up his prison time. he was there because he broke the law. good for him for paying his debt to society and bettering himself but I have alot more compassion for the fighters that came from poor broken homes but kept out of trouble. thats inspiring
                      If you can't see what's inspirational about a troubled youth sent to prison as a teenager where he did five years, totally changed his life around for the better to become a multiple time world champ then I can't help you man.

Comment

Working...
                      X