Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you surprised Brook is ducking Thurman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I actually predicted they would jump straight on the Thurman hypetrain. Who next? Errol Spence?

Who in the right mind fights an untested Thurman who brings nothing to the table anyway when Khan is there who will not only help generate 100 times the revenue but increase his fanbase ten fold?

What is up with Thurman fighting Porter or Bundu or someone?

Guy has been world champion for 4 days and already being accused of ducking lol
    Exactly! Can the guy be champion for atleast a week before accusing him of ducking?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Who Kell Brook calls out is who he wants to fight. Who Hearn says Brook will fight is who he will actually fight. Why are you accusing Brook of "having no intentions" of fighting who he calls out? He probably has every intention of fighting Khan, Mayweather and Thurman, but it's not up to him. After the homecoming defense he'll probably fight Khan.

Thurman is calling everyone out, but he hasn't fought any of them, it's not his fault it's GBP/Haymon making the fights.
      If Brook has the power to call out Thurman, and not go with the usual "I'll let my promoter handle it" schtick, then he can obviously respond to Thurman in any social media form, and kill these "ducking" rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
        Solution. Keep Thurman's name out of your mouth, and that settles that.

And I was one of the biggest Brook supporters of calling out Keith, and still think it's a 50/50.
        Brook can call out who ever he wants...Mayweather, Khan, Pacquiao, Marquez, Bradley, Thurman. He's expressing HIS interests in who he wants to fight. The fights he wants, if they don't happen, it's not him turning them down. Ultimately it's up to Hearn.

To your other post, you don't need any "power" to call any one out. Boxers are just realistic and say it's up to their promoter because it IS up to their promoter. Others let their feelings be heard regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
          I get you, but why does someone have to duck someone if the fight doesn't happen right away, maybe they will fight later, and Thurman might be more proven.
          Because it's ducking. So, you really think Brook's mentality is for Thurman to get even better, and make it a better fight for him? Why not go after Thurman while he still has question marks? What's up with this proven BS? What fight out there for Thurman can prove anything for him, and would actually raise his stock in the boxing world? Alexander? Thurman would be the overwhelming favorite in that fight. Porter? People would be saying how Porter sucks, and Thurman would be beating up Brook's left overs.

It's Brook/Thurman for the shot at Floyd, and that's all. I wouldn't be saying any of this if Brook didn't personally call out Keith himself.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
            Then don't challenge guys on live TV that you have no intention of fighting. It hypes up a fight in the fans head, then when you don't follow through on it, who's the one that looks suspect? Common sense.

Him being a champ for a week has nothing to do with anything. He's already mentioning weak ass names to fight in his home country. That has Danny Garcia written all over it.
            He didn't challenge him. God how childish do you sound? It's not ***ing WWE you moron

Comment

All he did was express interest in all the top welterweights like a legit world champion should. If he fought Thurman (the new flavour of the month) next we'd only be hearing how untested he was, overrated and a total hypejob (like we have with Porter) and how he should of fought a more proven Khan or Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Brook can call out who ever he wants...Mayweather, Khan, Pacquiao, Marquez, Bradley, Thurman. He's expressing HIS interests in who he wants to fight. The fights he wants, if they don't happen, it's not him turning them down. Ultimately it's up to Hearn.

To your other post, you don't need any "power" to call any one out. Boxers are just realistic and say it's up to their promoter because it IS up to their promoter. Others let their feelings be heard regardless.
                I already addressed your point. A simple, "Thurman fight can happen at anytime. It's between Keith and Khan." would suffice. Instead we're getting the same Danny Garcia treatment.

And Danny never called out Lucas. Big difference. Besides, Lucas was his mandatory (I believe, don't kill me if I'm wrong on this). Everyone and their mama had a right to call him out for that fight.

Point being. Don't gas up the fans, then have your promoter start naming off bum of the month fighters for you to look good in your home country.

Since when did getting the championship belt mean now you get to breathe and take on tomato cans?

Last time I checked, it meant it's your obligation to defend it against the best of the best from here on out, until you lose that belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  He didn't challenge him. God how childish do you sound? It's not ***ing WWE you moron
                  He called him out. You're obviously not a bipartisan fan.

Comment

OMGZ he said Keith Thurman's name!

So much idiocy on here.

Comment

This thread is embarrassing. At what point does NSB as a collective say enough with this kind of garbage.

Comment

Working...
                      X