Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Nonito Donaire Receive So Much Disrespect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's NSB, people will come up with any reason to hate a fighter.

Comment

The thing that gets me is because he lost to no less than Guillermo Rigondeaux apparently now he losses all these fantasy/potential fights.

Gary Russell Jr? seriously? Donaire eats him alive.
      Lomachenko? Getting tooled by a shot Salido, dead at the weight Salido and beating an all flash & no substance prospect in Gary Russell Jr does not prepare you for the elite level.
      He is clearly still very green. Its almost at times like fans get great pleasure of seeing fighters rushed to fast and having their careers derailed.

Donaire is all kinds of wrong for Lomachenko and he needs years to develop. By the time he is ready for that caliber of a fighter assuming things go well, Donaire will be retired.

Donaire can clear out 126.

Overrated before Rigondeaux, criminally underrated today.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        The thing that gets me is because he lost to no less than Guillermo Rigondeaux apparently now he losses all these fantasy/potential fights.

Gary Russell Jr? seriously? Donaire eats him alive.
        Lomachenko? Getting tooled by a shot Salido, dead at the weight Salido and beating an all flash & no substance prospect in Gary Russell Jr does not prepare you for the elite level.
        He is clearly still very green. Its almost at times like fans get great pleasure of seeing fighters rushed to fast and having their careers derailed.

Donaire is all kinds of wrong for Lomachenko and he needs years to develop. By the time he is ready for that caliber of a fighter assuming things go well, Donaire will be retired.

Donaire can clear out 126.

Overrated before Rigondeaux, criminally underrated today.
        The Darchinyan fight is playing a big role in people's low opinions as well. Donaire was close to shut out in that fight before the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          LMFAO the Opinion at NSB being taken serious HAHAHA

These Trolling Kids...THEY HATE EVERYBODY! But with Donaire, he did have an annoying fanbase on this Forum when he was on time so I think that is why people give him a hard time. It sucks fighters suffer because of their fanbase because Donaire seems like a real cool guy
          Donaire had a fanbase? He's not even a huge star. Casuals don't even like his style and can never be PPV material. He's a counter puncher and he's focused on defense. And if you think about it, hardcore fans would be his main fans.

Comment

He's a HOFer no doubt. He can be pretty whiny though.

Comment

Never was high on Donaire. Take away the left hook and he's ordinary.

My friend thought I was crazy for picking Rigod over Donaire

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                The Darchinyan fight is playing a big role in people's low opinions as well. Donaire was close to shut out in that fight before the KO.
                His confidence was shot and he couldn't pull the trigger. Luckily he was in the ring with a soft touch. If it was Walters or another elite FW in the ring with him that night we would be doing career reflection threads.

Comment

Had a great run and one of my favourite fighters but he seems to be dwindling down. His time is coming to an end and sadly he might go out as one of those fighter whom everyone despises when active but OOOOHH and AHHHH at his track record once he is gone. I could be wrong but that's what I'm seeing. Fantastic counterpuncher with impressive natural talent and ridiculous power. Special in ways many fighters dream of but wasteful in a sense after falling in love with his left hand.

Rigo got his best win and did it in a tremendous fashion, yet that doesn't take anything away from Nonito. His after fight rants and excuses do. His Montiel K.O. is something I will never forget… I was in a Chinese resto in the Philippines surrounded by Filipino's(of course ) and I was the only one rooting for my countryman. Then BOOM… everyone was cheering and shouting while I was just there, floating in awe and disappointment. Sadly that was his last legit win in my eyes, you can make a case for Nishioka but most people saw Nishi take the fight for a retirement check.

Jay Z - December 4th - "If you can't respect that your whole perspective is whack/ Maybe you'll love me when I fade to black/" will sum up Nonito's reign in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                    Donaire had a fanbase? He's not even a huge star. Casuals don't even like his style and can never be PPV material. He's a counter puncher and he's focused on defense. And if you think about it, hardcore fans would be his main fans.
                    YES he had a solid fanbase especially after destroying Montiel

Are you sure you're not mixing up Donaire with Rigondeaux lol but yes I would say after the Montiel fight the hype for Donaire was VERY HIGH, you don't see those fans now after he lost to Rigondeaux

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      racism...that's my final answer
                      Funny I see you hating on guys that makes me ask the same question.

Comment

Working...
                      X