"Mayhem" PPV undercard set - Angulo added

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mayhem" PPV undercard set - Angulo added

FightHype

With less than 5 weeks left to go before undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd "Money" Mayweather makes his return to the ring to face former welterweight champion Marcos Maidana in a highly-anticipated rematch on September 13 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, the televised pay-per-view undercard is taking shape for what is considered to be one of the biggest boxing events of the year.

As FightHype.com previously reported, the lightweight title fight between IBF champion Miguel Vazquez and challenger Mickey Bey will likely be the co-main event. Prior to that, former jr. middleweight contender Alfredo Angulo will make his debut as a middleweight when he faces jr. middleweight contender James De La Rosa at a contracted weight of 162 pounds. Furthermore, WBC super bantamweight champion Leo Santa Cruz will likely be opening up the telecast against an opponent that has yet to be determined.

Floyd Mayweather vs. Marcos Maidana
    Miguel Vazquez vs. Mickey Bey
    Alfredo Angulo vs. James De La Rosa
    Leo Santa Cruz vs. TBA

Humbert Sotto vs John Molina Jr.
    Last edited by Inkanyamba; 08-14-2014, 03:06 AM.

Angulo moving up 8 pounds (7 if you include adjusted weight in Canelo fight)

In other words, he's a last minute addition and won't have enough time to cut down in weight

Comment

Not really impressed

Comment

LSC - I want Rigo, I want Quigg, I want Frampton/Kiko, opts to fight Gary Russell Jrs left overs.

Comment

I'm not at all surprised that Angulo is moving up in weight. He seems like the type that lets himself go after fights. They'll build him up for a little bit and feed him to Quillin.

Comment

Smart move to add Angulo.

This is a pretty crap undercard though.

Comment

Not really a good undercard... Not horrible but not impressed either..

Vasquez-bey is a meaningful fight but it's a snoozer

Angulo at least brings action and is never dull..

They should have had Santa Cruz vs rigo.. That would have been great but a TBA is not very exciting

Comment

Awesome Angulo always brings excitement, add another fight or something doe

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
                  I'm not at all surprised that Angulo is moving up in weight. He seems like the type that lets himself go after fights. They'll build him up for a little bit and feed him to Quillin.
                  Or Danny Jacobs.. They can hardly find any good opponents for quillen and now with Jacobs in the picture, good opponents are gonna be scarce

Comment

if bey/vasquez is your co-main, your card sucks.

seems like they know this card isn't going to sell that well so their just not going to put much money into it. they spent a lot on the last undercard.

Comment

Working...
                    X