Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Kovalev stops Bernard, I dont want to hear any "He's old" excuses.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I'll admit I was one of those. I thought Hopkins was done, coming off of the quit job and loss against Dawson.
    Shame on you

I predicted a shut out. Cloud is that bad.

I see the line of thinking because of the Dawson fights but still.

After seeing Cloud struggle badly with Yusuf "I make Khan's chin look granite" Mack and need 8 rounds to finally hurt him aswell as getting pretty much dominated by Campillio I knew there's no way he'd beat Hopkins and anyone with relative skill and ability for that matter.

The guy struggled badly with 2009 Clinton Woods for crying out loud.

I will I admit though, I didn't think he was so bad that he'd make Adonis Stevenson look like Pernell Whitaker. But sure enough he is.

Comment

• After Garcia stops Rob Seltzer I don't want to hear any excuses about how he's an unranked lightweight who nobody really knows.

Comment

• All you Bast@ards in here reminding me how OLD Hopkins is, especially Larry!LOL

Now I feel like I am ready for the bone yard here. I hate all of you!

Comment

• He old doe excuses at the ready.

Comment

• Nope sorry.

If Bhop looses he is shot and old, I mean that man is 49. It's not like we are talking about a 36 year old and using a loss to say "well he's just old now", the man is in fact old.

If Bhop wins Kovalev was just a Lacy. I like the damn russian as much as I want to hate his guts, but he has not fought an elite level fighter yet.

That's the reality.
            Last edited by Banderivets; 08-04-2014, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Are you serious? People have been watching the past few hopkins fights with the mindset
              "I wonder if the old man can pull it off this time?"
              Everyone knows hopkins is on borrowed time and its ridiculous to pretend he isnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                All you Bast@ards in here reminding me how OLD Hopkins is, especially Larry!LOL

Now I feel like I am ready for the bone yard here. I hate all of you!
                lol it's old to be doing what he's doing, but in general terms I don't think anyone is "old" until they hit 60 and even then I know a few who would pass for late-40s.

Comment

• There have been plenty 50 year old champions

Hopkins is not old at all

Comment

• In any sport in the world, Hopkins is old. In boxing, he's pretty much ancient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      lol it's old to be doing what he's doing, but in general terms I don't think anyone is "old" until they hit 60 and even then I know a few who would pass for late-40s.
                      You may be right in general...
                      But within a "Kovalev fight" context, Hopkins looks VERY old... instantaneously...

Comment

Working...
                      X