Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Shawn Porter-Kell Brook Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got two sloppy fights one after the other, honestly thought that the card would've turned out to be more entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      I have always maintained Porter isnt a big puncher, you only have to look at his KO ratio, he scored one tko in a couple of years and people on here hyped him up as a knock out artist

He has a great chin though. and applies constant pressure, but there was no gameplan. I felt he came in there with a horrible gameplan, he didnt study Brook, he underestimated him, and also he came in a little heavy and that stamina eventually gave up on him

The fight was very messy not pleasing to the eye, but Brooks stamina held up and he did the job. He didnt dominate, but he landed the cleaner shots and the more hurting shots

For Brook i think his next best option is Khan...i believe Thurman is all wrong for him, high risk low reward.
      But what else could Porter do?

He lacks the skills to outbox Brook, what different game plan could he use to win?

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        That's the first time Dirk has ever given me a compliment
        Enjoy it while it lasts

Comment

• Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
          You mean the guy that got rocked by Soto Karass? Ok ye skip, and Manny's an all time great, loser
          Soto Karass? Oh yeah, the same guy that got knocked out by Thurman.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Brook power reminds me more of Danny Garcia's.

If/when he lands a solid clean punch I just can't see Khan taking it. Brook to win has shown he can take a shot tonight despite showing signs of a weak chin in the past.

I actually think the fight would possibly look similar to Khan-Garcia to be honest.
            What shot does Kell have that compares to the "GARSH"?

I think Amir gets off and gets out for 12 rounds. Obviously not confident at all but that's my gut instinct

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              What shot does Kell have that compares to the "GARSH"?

I think Amir gets off and gets out for 12 rounds. Obviously not confident at all but that's my gut instinct
              Brook doesn't have the ****** hook but I think their power is comparable. I think Brooks solid compact shots remind me of Garcias, he's a solid puncher.

If he doesn't hurt Khan then I agree I think Khan picks him off to a wide decision.

I'd love to see it.

Comment

• If the Khan from the Collazo fight (aware of how stupid Collazo fought) shows up or he can improve on that showing I think its a legitimate fight. One I still strongly favour Brook in but wouldn't completely rule out Khans chances of edging a decision.
                If the old Khan that darts in and tries overwhelming with his superior speed comes to fight then I think Brook decapitates that Khan. He will most definitely start well but get caught coming in at some point and it'll be all downhill from there as he just doesn't recover well at all.
                Then again I just can't see any Khan taking Brooks power.

Comment

Isn't nice on the eye, no.

I'd much rather forget about this fight forever because I thought it was horrible.
                  I don't see why you think that. I thought it was a pretty good fight. It sure made up for the Garcia-Salka mismatch.
                  Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 08-17-2014, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Brook doesn't have the ****** hook but I think their power is comparable. I think Brooks solid compact shots remind me of Garcias, he's a solid puncher.

If he doesn't hurt Khan then I agree I think Khan picks him off to a wide decision.

I'd love to see it.
                    I'll be there. Loser buys the drinks?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      If the Khan from the Collazo fight (aware of how stupid Collazo fought) shows up or he can improve on that showing I think its a legitimate fight. One I still strongly favour Brook in but wouldn't completely rule out Khans chances of edging a decision.
                      If the old Khan that darts in and tries overwhelming with his superior speed comes to fight then I think Brook decapitates that Khan. He will most definitely start well but get caught coming in at some point and it'll be all downhill from there as he just doesn't recover well at all.
                      Then again I just can't see any Khan taking Brooks power.
                      i think khan will fight extremely cautious, he will give brook very little to work with, khan knows brook is more than capable of flooring him, he would not dare underestimate him

the fight actually might turn into a hugging contest

i also feel khan hits harder than porter, especially at 147, he might not have deadly power, but he has enough pop to make you think twice.

brook also doesnt look like he enjoys getting hit to the body, which imo is khans most deadly punch, when he hooks the body, he causes damage.

brook has the power, the jab and the toughness to cope with pressure from khan..we saw tonight he can deal with pressure and hang in there..also he can physically bully khan

it'll either end with khan being ko'd within 6 or khan winning 12 ud

i'd say 60/40 in brooks favor, after watching both these fights
                      Last edited by FrankieBruno; 08-17-2014, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X