Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wlad throws 16 power punches on average per round

Hw average is 25

Comment

• Chants of ***8220;Klitschko, Klitschko***8221; echoed through the hallowed arena from the sound of the first bell. The reigning champ clearly relished being the aggressor, throwing 545 punches to Jennings***8217; 376, and connecting with 144 blows. But the differentiating stat of the evening was how Klitschko landed seven of his 31 jabs per round.

I'm shocked wlad threw that many punches

Didn't seem that way watching it

I just remember a confused, gun shy wlad refusing to let his right hand go until the very last round

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        The problem with that as criticism is that you can say that about every fighter in history at some point in their career. He's beaten everyone they have put in front of him and has ducked no one, that's all you can ask of Fury at this point. But you don't need a fighter to fight elite opposition to recognize talent, skill, and will. Anyone versed in boxing knows this.
        If Fury had a couple more top ten wins under his belt firstly, it would do him good before facing the champion. That is just a fact. For instance, Haye and Pulev.

I find Fury underrated at this stage, but it should be very clear that he has bitten off more than he can chew. It should be good while it lasts, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
          If Fury had a couple more top ten wins under his belt firstly, it would do him good before facing the champion. That is just a fact. For instance, Haye and Pulev.

I find Fury underrated at this stage, but it should be very clear that he has bitten off more than he can chew. It should be good while it lasts, though.
          He would of beat Haye years ago. Haye ducked him.

It'll make the win over Wlad even more impressive because the clueless crew don't think he's even the best heavy in the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
            The fundamental truth going into this fight is that Wlad can't cleanly outbox Tyson Fury. He doesn't have the technical capability, the legs or stamina.

It will be interesting to see if Fury use his 5 inch reach advantage to come over the top of Wlad's jab with his own jab at a distance that Wlad can't touch him.

What Wlad will invariably try to do is hug on as tight as he can on Fury to try and wear him down and sneak a bomb in. Since the fight is taking place in Germany the ref will never warn or take points away for the illegal holding.

This fight will come down to whether Fury can use these clinches to dig to the body and come up with short uppercuts to Wlad's china chin, use his superior size to lean on Wlad and make him expend more energy.

If he can make it this sort of fight he will knock Wlad out inside 8 rounds. He needs a stoppage as there is no way he will get a decision in Germany.
            Agree with some of this.

It's the most interesting heavyweight championship fight for as long as I can remember. Even the Haye fight didn't have as many possibilies and unanswered questions. Literally cannot wait for this fight.

Imagine the confidence Fury would have and what a fighter he could go on to become if he beats Wlad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              Combined with his physical advantages, Wladimir Klitschko has by far the best defence of any boxer of all time!

And it's not even debatable at all!

The guy now has undisputably the best resume of all time, the most quality opponents defeated of any boxer and also the most heftiest.

And in all of those fights, he barely got hit more than a hundred times and barely lost a handful of rounds!

Basically, if your claiming Wladimir has a rubbish defence and ALSO a glass jaw, then how do you explain his success?

The fact is not only has Wlad the most impenetrable defence ever, he also has a strong chin. Not "iron" strong but still hard.

In the Klitschko reign, the punches of HW boxers have become so hard now that even the hardest of chins can be cracked by a single flush shot from a hard puncher.

^ This is why fighters are more cautious today, because they HAVE to be (as opposed to past punch bag eras)

^ And THIS is why it is difficult to assess chin based on single or limited occurances of being KOed

^And this is why even if we label a fighter to have a "glass jaw", it is obviously relative when viewed to previous eras!

A hard chinned fighter from the past (70's Ali for instance) would obviously be a glass jaw today and someone like Wlaidmir Klitschko, if you put him back in the 70's or anytime prior, he would have a chin so strong he wouldn't even need to hold his hands up!
              As everyone knows I am a huge Wlad fan. But dude, I have to admit the I even lmao after reading that. I also found other things you said rather amusing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                Chants of ***8220;Klitschko, Klitschko***8221; echoed through the hallowed arena from the sound of the first bell. The reigning champ clearly relished being the aggressor, throwing 545 punches to Jennings***8217; 376, and connecting with 144 blows. But the differentiating stat of the evening was how Klitschko landed seven of his 31 jabs per round.

I'm shocked wlad threw that many punches

Didn't seem that way watching it

I just remember a confused, gun shy wlad refusing to let his right hand go until the very last round
                he wasnt gun shy hes just getting old. he cant throw as many punches anymore or he'll gas out. the dude is pushing 40 man

Comment

• Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                  Please do. I'd like to know all these other fighters Fury ducked.

Pulev's the only one you can say he categorically avoided. Maybe Price, though I think that fight would have happened by now if Thompson hadn't derailed the train.

Mitchell? Seth Mitchell? When did Fury duck that guy?
                  I don't think for a second he avoided Pulev. He signed up to fight David Haye in a PPV fight for 5 million quid, instead of fighting Pulev in a Russian leisure centre for peanuts. David Haye was also the tougher fight.

Comment

• Wlad has declined, but he will still beat Fury with complete ease.

He's going to control the distance and knock him out inside 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                      Wlad throws 16 power punches on average per round

Hw average is 25
                      even if he throws less he is more effective than all of the heavyweights

Comment

Working...
                      X