Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gameplan will be to stay alive. I like Fury but truthfully he's an oaf with rudimentary skills and no real styles as such. Wlad is known for clinching and jabbing but he sometimes goesinto kill mode when the opponent doesn't present much that and I believe that's what he's going to dohere. I mean, what has Fury EVER done to indicate that he would give Wlad any problems? He's got no speed, no footwork, and marginal power for a man his size.

Comment

• Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
      right upper KO.
      he gon get inside and get messy, fight the clinch
      As long as that right upper doesn't betray him like that one time

Comment

• Given his size and reach, I imagine he'll want to throw a lot of jabs in the early rounds and see how Wladimir handles his long range.

When Wlad grapples with him, we'll start seeing a lot of rough tactics. Pushing, maybe some uppercuts, elbows, inside mauling.

When Fury goes to work inside, that's when things will get interesting.

Comment

• He cant outbox wlad , wlad is a better boxer with better ring iq and jab. He willl probably try to get close and fight inside. But will get dealt with like pulev

Comment

• He will try to survive and box behind his jab in a really tight shell.

With the view that should he have some success, he might open up some more after rounds.

The strategy is doomed to fail as he discovers Wladimir has an answer for anything Fury can bring and then, his entire strategy will break down anyway once he feels the power.

Should he go for it early at any stage, he gets knocked out sooner than expected.

I suspect all of team Fury know this anyway and I expect Fury to try to employ measured boxing.

Given the parameters of both boxers, it will still be an exciting fight where defences will be constantly breached.

Comment

• Punch him in the face?

In all seriousness I'm curious too. I think he needs to show much more discipline and not try to go all "alpha" on this one.

Comment

• Box and move, switch stance - Stay out of range for at least 8 rounds before going for the KO against a faded Wlad on tired , old legs.

I think that's his game plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
                  He cant outbox wlad , wlad is a better boxer with better ring iq and jab. He willl probably try to get close and fight inside. But will get dealt with like pulev
                  He can't outbox Wlad?

That's a complete myth. Fury is more than capable of beating Wlad to the punch and moving him around, throwing quick 4-5 punch combinations at him from a distance.

On another note, we all know Wlad is scared of anyone who can fight on the inside. Should Fury push him back? Rough him up, take his heart and spit it out on the floor?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    He can't outbox Wlad?

That's a complete myth. Fury is more than capable of beating Wlad to the punch and moving him around, throwing quick 4-5 punch combinations at him from a distance.

On another note, we all know Wlad is scared of anyone who can fight on the inside. Should Fury push him back? Rough him up, take his heart and spit it out on the floor?
                    Not gonna happen. furys "combinations" are overrated he hasnt beaten anyone decent

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
                      Not gonna happen. furys "combinations" are overrated he hasnt beaten anyone decent
                      I'm not saying it's going to happen, but Wlad is not a master "boxer".

he's a simple 1-2 guy. He doesn't do anything spectacular at all. decent footwork, ok technique, huge power, bad chin and no fighting heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X