No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Algieri Prefight & Postfight discussion & analysis thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KRITKL View Post
    Ok, I'll give you that a little more people would be interested, but at this point in his career most people don't want to see if Pac can get himself psyched up enough to chase a guy around a ring for 12 rds.
    Yeah, I totally get how this isn't an exciting matchup..

I honestly would much rather see

Floyd-algieri
    Manny-Maidana

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
      dude, you look dumb as hell trying to defend this crap......but carry on because i enjoy watching pac-dummies scrambling to defend this abomination of a fight
      well what is dumb about what I said? stop replying like a child with insults.

you offer nothing beneficial to the discussion just name calling.

How is it an abomination please explain. I already said its not PPv worthy but its def a live match, you can't intelligently claim this is not a hard fight for Pac stylistically.

Comment

Pshhhhhh.....

Comment

This is a joke

Algeri may be a nice guy but he doesn't belong anywhere near ppv. Manny I know it's not fully you it's Arum but now we see the level you are on...no way you should have taken this fight. Now we see why you made only 41 mil last year.

Comment

WOW, both Manny and Floyd are on their last few fights, Mayweather decides to waste his time on a fight with Maidana and now THIS?!

Comment

Bulls**t , this is NOT a ppv fight :****you:

Comment

what a pity fight.. i used to buy ppv or ticket to watch pac fights, but this time i would definitely will not buy it. By all definitions, this is a scrap! !While i am not to watch this, i will just take a glimpse for the out come the following morning crculations in who wins. I don‘t know if Pac just needs expensive sparring in the like of Algieri before facing JMM because of some few similarities of styles, but Pac is alteady with him in many bouts not to know JMM styles. Besides, Pac has just few years remaining before he will hang up his gloves and call it a break, so his promoter should not squander his remaining bouts to less competitive as Pac farewell fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  The only reason this fight is being frowned upon is because algieri doesn't have a lot of exposure yet.. If he had 2 or 3 more televised appearances no one would be complaining but since he is basically a one hit wonder at this point, people are moaning..

But in terms of the actual fight itself, this is a very fascinating matchup.. I really think manny will struggle with the size, movement and skill of algieri..

A lot of people think it's a mismatch but it's really not.. This will be an interesting style challenge for manny
                  Chris has fought basically no one other than ruslan !!!!
                  he hasnt fought at 147 and the last fight where he beat an underfeated fighter the guy was 1-0 ......
                  this not even worthy of a main event on espn
                  there are worthy guys @ 147 that could make it worthy of ppv but this is just another sham by top wank

Comment

talk about very high risk with very low reward. algieri would not have much trouble defeating guerrero or maidana. the only reason you guys arent viewing this as a legitimate fight is because algieri hasnt had the exposure of those guys. ill put down some money on al because hes going to be like +1000

edit: damn, looks like sugar adam got it covered

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
                      Disappointing. Especially after the talk of Bob & Oscar doing business again. Would have loved to see Manny beat the living crap out of Khan.
                      They can't do business yet, are you guys living under a rock or just have selective hearing? Arum already said Oscar has to take care of his lawsuit with Richard and his team have to find out who is under GB and who is with haymon first. you can't do fights yet until that mess gets cleared up, its why Arum was trying to make the Khan fight but Khan signed with Haymon as well. Its a sticky situation, but Arum and Oscar are trying to work together justing waiting for the legal stuff to clear up.

Comment

Working...
                      X