No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Pacquiao vs. Algieri in Serious Talks For 11/22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    His product is boxing right? I think Oscar knows boxing a lot better than Schaeffer and your roster would be your EMPLOYEES. Also it wasn't like Schaeffer wasn't putting on shows or fights, he was doing EXACTLY that and I'm sure Oscar was fine with it, what he didn't know was there was no long term commitments from the fighters with Golden Boy fronting all the money and paying for them. Obviously Oscar figured something was going on and took care of it, apprently if you don't fix it before it happens it makes you incompetent.
    Knowing ODH's history-if you were asn investor would you invest in GBP's stock right now?

WOuld you feel comfortable with ODH running the day to day operations?

Comment

• Joke of a fight. Period.

Comment

His product is boxing right? I think Oscar knows boxing a lot better than Schaeffer and your roster would be your EMPLOYEES. Also it wasn't like Schaeffer wasn't putting on shows or fights, he was doing EXACTLY that and I'm sure Oscar was fine with it, what he didn't know was there was no long term commitments from the fighters with Golden Boy fronting all the money and paying for them. Obviously Oscar figured something was going on and took care of it, apprently if you don't fix it before it happens it makes you incompetent.
        LOL. I'm pretty sure Donald Sterling knows who plays for the Clippers.

Comment

I'm glad most of you guys aren't businessmen, you would fall right on your face. The owner is the MONEY, he signs the check he doesn't run the business that's how nearly every business in any country works. Not if you own a restaurant with 10 employees but we're talking hundreds of employee's. Oscar said "I have the money to start this, but I don't have the brains." So he hired Schaeffer as he should of, it isn't Oscars fault that some guy tried to screw him.

All these Haymon fans have an IQ of 70 or less, it has to be because you guys are really ****ing stupid thinking that an OWNER should know the duties of a CEO. I mean seriously, do you think the Patriots owner is the one picking the talent or coming up with the gameplan? Maybe it was Donald Sterling who picked all the right players to put the Clippers in the position they are now after 50 years in the league?
          He should know who working for him right? im sure he know the players that he paying right.

so your saying i should hand out money and not know whats going in my own company. do you think Arum, don king etc.. would not know who they got signend to there company or not
          Last edited by VERSION1 (V1); 07-09-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LinealChampion View Post
            My issue, is if the coldwar is over.

Why can't Pacquiao fight Thurman or Porter?
            Umm well if you knew anything about boxing, you'd know that Porter is already scheduled to fight Brook. And I'm sure Pac would fight someone that Floyd wouldn't fight like Thurman; the issue is Arum..who is a control-hungry pos...

Comment

• Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
              He should know who working for him right? im sure he know the players that he paying right.

so your saying i should hand out money and not know whats going in my own company. do you think Arum, don king etc.. would not know who they got signend to there company or not
              What you fools still don't seem to realize is that it isn't STERLING who signs the guys, it's the GM. Schaeffer is the GM, it would be equivalent to the Clippers GM signing the guys, have them play on the clippers, have sterling pay that player, but he is actually signed to a Eurpean team and can leave at will. It isn't a great analogy, but it's the best I can do because boxing is not basketball.

Oscar had a guy who HAD been signing guys up to GOLDEN BOY. Yet, when those contracts ran out I'm sure Oscar still saw them fighting under the Golden Boy name, but instead had a contranct with Haymon, not GBP. So I ask you non-geniuses once again, how is that Oscars fault that the guy ENTRUSTED to do this didn't do his due diligence as CEO? That is why Oscar is suing Schaeffer for $50 million, because Oscar saw what was going on and is now fixing the situtaion. So once again, how is some very shady under the table contrancts Oscars fault? You guys are saying he should have known what a clown... he did know, he just found out and is now trying to rectify the situation.

I guess he should sign each figher, do the press tours, do the marketing, do the scheduling all by himself as well right? You guys literraly have no clue what you are talking about.
              Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 07-09-2014, 02:33 PM.

Comment

What you fools still don't seem to realize is that it isn't STERLING who signs the guys, it's the GM. Schaeffer is the GM, it would be equivalent to whoever the GM is currently for the Clippers, to have the play on the clippers, have sterling pay that player, but he is actually signed to a Eurpean team and can leave at will. It isn't a great analogy, but it's the best I can do because boxing is not basketball.

Oscar had a guy who HAD been signing guys up to GOLDEN BOY. Yet, when those contracts ran out I'm sure Oscar still saw them fighting under the Golden Boy name, but instead had a contranct with Haymon, not GBP. So I ask you non-geniuses once again, how is that Oscars fault that the guy ENTRUSTED to do this didn't? That is why Oscar is suing for $50 million, because Oscar saw what was going on and is now fixing the situtaion. So once again, how is some very shady under the table contrancts Oscars fault?

I guess he should sign each figher, do the press tours, do the marketing, do the scheduling all by himself as well right? You guys literraly have no clue what you are talking about.
                No, Schaefer is not the GM and that is a very bad comparison. A CEO is not the GM. Regardless, Oscar should know who his fighters are. No one's asking him to know all the secretaries. BTW, YOU made the Sterling comparison

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  No, Schaefer is not the GM and that is a very bad comparison. A CEO is not the GM. Regardless, Oscar should know who his fighters are. No one's asking him to know all the secretaries. BTW, YOU made the Sterling comparison
                  CEO is exactly like a GM, you prove your lack of education once again. Did you also know Oscar can't even function as a CEO because it is ILLEGAL for the majority stock holder to also be the companies CEO. Also the GM of a team is exactly like the CEO of a company because they oversee all the day-to-day operations, not the owner. Give it up, you are flat out wrong.

Comment

CEO is exactly like a GM, you prove your lack of education once again. Did you also know Oscar can't even function as a CEO because it is ILLEGAL for the majority stock holder to also be the companies CEO. Also the GM of a team is exactly like the CEO of a company because they oversee all the day-to-day operations, not the owner. Give it up, you are flat out wrong.
                    1. You made the comparison between Sterling and Oscar, not me. Explain yourself.

2. A CEO is NOT exactly like a GM so who are you trying to educate? What are you, stupid?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      1. You made the comparison between Sterling and Oscar, not me. Explain yourself.

2. A CEO is NOT exactly like a GM so who are you trying to educate? What are you, stupid?
                      I was trying to explain it so you could understand, apparently I failed so once again I will try. Boxing and basketball are the not same, but Sterling and Oscar are both owners so that was comparison #1 and it fits if you can't see how they are the same you are dumber than I could have imagined.

2. A CEO isn't EXACTLY a GM but in this they actually are very similar because Schaffers role as a CEO for Golden Boy is the same role Wohl has on the Clippers. The titles are different but the general management of day-to-day business and dealing with the talent among a slew of other issues are incredibly similar.

Comment

Working...
                      X