Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara is one dimensional!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you can disagree with that. He clearly wants distance when he fights, similar to Khan. His inside game, which is non existent, is crap. Therefore he has to run, which makes him very boring to watch. If you're his match maker, you won't want to see him fight the Angulo types.

Comment

No ****. He is a very good one trick pony. I can't see how how he is going to beat anyone that puts together more than one punch at a time.

Trout was trying to hit Lara with a punch here and a punch there trying to score and getting countered with a punch here and a punch there.

Canelo is NOT a punch here and a punch there kind of boxer. When he's in range it's 4-5 punches at a time. Very calculated and very strong punches.

Lara is no Mayweather, and Trout is no Canelo.

Comment

He is a good technician, but his poor punching arsenal and lack of killer instinct makes him boring as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          I was wondering who was gonna be the first one to come in here and say this as part of their argument. Trout is a damn BOXER who shared the ring with BOTH guys. You obviously know more than the guy right?

Like CubanGuy said, you might see something thru the TV but when you're in there with the guy its a different ball game.
          Whenever my dad and I watch a baseball game together, he just can't understand why some batters swing at bad pitches. I try to explain to him that it all looks very different when you're up there. Professional hitters getting paid millions of dollars to hit a baseball don't suck. If they swing at a pitch in the dirt, it's because they were fooled. They saw something the viewer often doesn't understand. It's the same with any endeavor, not just sports. Gifted participants see a different picture than we observers.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            I was wondering who was gonna be the first one to come in here and say this as part of their argument. Trout is a damn BOXER who shared the ring with BOTH guys. You obviously know more than the guy right?

Like CubanGuy said, you might see something thru the TV but when you're in there with the guy its a different ball game.
            Im not disagreeing. Im just saying that Canelo was only trying to box in his fight with Trout. Lara may be the better boxer but Canelo can also switch it up and be a pressure fighter too.

I think Canelo can keep it close with boxing Lara and make the difference with the pressure/infighting

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
              Yea but Austin Trout is not all that great himself. Dont get me wrong im a fan of his but when Canelo fought him he tried to outbox Trout. He didnt try to get on the inside and bang him out.
              That's how he fights, he tries to out-think his opponents, unless you stand in front of him of course. I guess you're one of those people who were surprised that Canelo boxed with Floyd.

Comment

Lara does not look nearly as good if he has to come forward. Molina made him
                Come forward at times.nevertheless, I think Lara wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  That's how he fights, he tries to out-think his opponents, unless you stand in front of him of course. I guess you're one of those people who were surprised that Canelo boxed with Floyd.
                  He boxed with Trout, he boxed with Floyd and I believe he will box with Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    He boxed with Trout, he boxed with Floyd and I believe he will box with Lara.
                    He boxes with everyone, he boxed with Angulo too. The difference was/is Angulo is easier to hit than Trout and especially Floyd.

Anyways, in terms of being aggressive and effective, he beat Trouts ass.

The only thing that made Canelo-Trout close was Trouts insane punch rate. Trout did NOTHING special, ate hard calculated shots, and got dropped after the 6th round.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                      No ****. He is a very good one trick pony. I can't see how how he is going to beat anyone that puts together more than one punch at a time.

Trout was trying to hit Lara with a punch here and a punch there trying to score and getting countered with a punch here and a punch there.

Canelo is NOT a punch here and a punch there kind of boxer. When he's in range it's 4-5 punches at a time. Very calculated and very strong punches.

Lara is no Mayweather, and Trout is no Canelo.
                      For practically every point, there's a counterpoint. Lara certainly isn't as good a boxer as Floyd, but Landy hits significantly harder. Power is a game changer. Canelo will fire off those combos, but how often will he do so when he gets cracked a couple of times? If Alvarez hurts Lara, especially early, that could mean the fight. If he doesn't, I think Saul gets pot-shotted to a points loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X