No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara is one dimensional!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
    Whats he gonna do with somebody who can box and brawl and can switch up the rhythm?
    Originally posted by DonMega View Post
    Im just saying that Canelo was only trying to box in his fight with Trout. Lara may be the better boxer but Canelo can also switch it up and be a pressure fighter too.
    So judging by this, you think Canelo can pressure and brawl. Would you like to refer me to these fights where you saw this?

When Josesito Lopez had him on the ropes he did not brawl. He looked very uncomfortable actually and that was vs a smaller guy. He did not brawl vs Angulo. He invited him in and tried his defensive showboating bs that he did vs Trout.

So if I missed something please show me where it indicates that Canelo can brawl or pressure.

Comment

The thing with Lara is it seems he literally cant fight on the inside at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        For practically every point, there's a counterpoint. Lara certainly isn't as good a boxer as Floyd, but Landy hits significantly harder. Power is a game changer. Canelo will fire off those combos, but how often will he do so when he gets cracked a couple of times? If Alvarez hurts Lara, especially early, that could mean the fight. If he doesn't, I think Saul gets pot-shotted to a points loss.
        That's definitely possible, which makes the fight intriguing.

Comment

I'm certain Canelo is going to put a beating on him. 117 - 111.

Comment

All this brawling and pressuring talk while completely dismising Canelo's stamina issues.

Comment

If Canelo's kankle having a$$ goes in there and tries to box then he deserves to lose, and if Lara goes in there as his same boring a$$ self and fights with no more sense of urgency than he usually does then he deserves to lose.

Comment

For practically every point, there's a counterpoint. Lara certainly isn't as good a boxer as Floyd, but Landy hits significantly harder. Power is a game changer. Canelo will fire off those combos, but how often will he do so when he gets cracked a couple of times? If Alvarez hurts Lara, especially early, that could mean the fight. If he doesn't, I think Saul gets pot-shotted to a points loss.
                If Lara gains Canelo's respect early, it'll be interesting to see what Alvarez does from there.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Here is a nice video to start.

Nice, bro. Thanks for the vid. Just finished watching it. The narrator was gushing over Lara. lol

I've been watching boxing for decades, even participated to a degree, but I'm not nearly as educated on the sweet science as I'd like to be. When you have someone who knows what they're talking about dissect a few seconds of video footage, you're reminded that there's a whole lot going on in the ring. It's funny to think that most fans just see two guys throwing punches, moving around and hitting each other.

Comment

Lets just pretend Canelo CAN brawl or pressure. Do you really think his stamina will allow him to? I mean, come on, the guy gasses from throwing 500-600 punches a fight ffs!

Comment

Nice, bro. Thanks for the vid. Just finished watching it. The narrator was gushing over Lara. lol

I've been watching boxing for decades, even participated to a degree, but I'm not nearly as educated on the sweet science as I'd like to be. When you have someone who knows what they're talking about dissect a few seconds of video footage, you're reminded that there's a whole lot going on in the ring. It's funny to think that most fans just see two guys throwing punches, moving around and hitting each other.
                      Theres a lot of things going on. And its just crazy to me that a person especially being banged on the head constantly cause process all this stuff like that. Like a computer processing binary codes and ****. Except a computer is not getting beat on.

Comment

Working...
                      X