No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara is one dimensional!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    All this brawling and pressuring talk while completely dismising Canelo's stamina issues.
    Yes, that's a big consideration. Lara has pretty good stamina, while Canelo loses more steam as a fight progresses. This fight is likely to go into late rounds, if not see the final bell. Endurance will probably play a factor.

Comment

Technically, Lara is kind of one dimensional, but his one dimension is so superior to Canelo's "2 dimensions". It's the perfect foil to Canelo's style. People get too caught in the Angulo fights. Styles make fights.

Comment

All this brawling and pressuring talk while completely dismising Canelo's stamina issues.
        Hahah. Exactly this. There will be a boxing match on Saturday, just like there is everytime Canelo fights, just like everytime Lara fights. Lara got this I believe, in a pretty close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by northstar View Post
          If Lara gains Canelo's respect early, it'll be interesting to see what Alvarez does from there.
          Saul would be in danger of being picked apart if that happens.

I think this is a difficult fight to pick a winner in. But the reason why I lean towards Lara is because I think Canelo has to pressure in order to win, and that's not his style. He can't outbox Landy, I don't think, so what's left?

Comment

Originally posted by northstar View Post
            If Lara gains Canelo's respect early, it'll be interesting to see what Alvarez does from there.
            This is one of the reasons why Donaire-Rigo was so one sided. Coming into the fight Donaire was aware of Rigo's skills and it was probably the reason why he avoided him for so long. But what he didnt expect was Rigo's power and speed.

In the opening round Donaire hit Rigo and Rigo hit him right back like "I got speed and power too." Something Donaire did not expect IMO. Especially cause of the size difference. Rigo got his respect in the first 30 seconds. From there on, we all know what happened.

Comment

So judging by this, you think Canelo can pressure and brawl. Would you like to refer me to these fights where you saw this?

When Josesito Lopez had him on the ropes he did not brawl. He looked very uncomfortable actually and that was vs a smaller guy. He did not brawl vs Angulo. He invited him in and tried his defensive showboating bs that he did vs Trout.

So if I missed something please show me where it indicates that Canelo can brawl or pressure.
              Canelo was pressuring Angulo most of the fight hence the reason "it was a different Angulo". He stood his ground practically all fight and exchanged blows with Angulo. The fact Angulo couldn't land doesn't neglect the fact Alvarez stood his ground and walked Angulo down in spots. Defensive bs he was rolling punches and catching them off his gloves I didn't realize that one must be hit when pressuring an opponent.

As far as the Josesito fight I'm unsure if you missed the fight since he walked him down throughout( as he should being the bigger man).

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                Canelo was pressuring Angulo most of the fight hence the reason "it was a different Angulo". He stood his ground practically all fight and exchanged blows with Angulo. The fact Angulo couldn't land doesn't neglect the fact Alvarez stood his ground and walked Angulo down in spots. Defensive bs he was rolling punches and catching them off his gloves I didn't realize that one must be hit when pressuring an opponent.

As far as the Josesito fight I'm unsure if you missed the fight since he walked him down throughout( as he should being the bigger man).
                Canelo wasn't pressuring Angulo for most of the fight. Most of Canelo's pressure came in the first 5 rounds. After that he was still able to hit Angulo cleanly, but he wasn't the one that was coming forward, Angulo was.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post

Even if he "pressured" in the Angulo fight, he was already starting to fade. And that's without the guy punching back.

As far as the Lopez fight goes, who said I was talking about the whole fight? There was a round where Lopez got Canelo on the ropes and unloaded. Canelo looked very uncomfortable and did not see him brawling as TS claims that he can do.

Comment

power - canelo
                    body punching - canelo
                    chin - canelo
                    combinations - canelo
                    variety of combos - canelo
                    Inside game - canelo
                    fighting on front foot - canelo

Hand speed - close
                    Activity - even
                    defense - ?

fighting on back foot - lara
                    stamina- lara
                    timing - lara
                    foot speed - lara
                    stamina - lara
                    boxing iq - lara
                    confidence - lara
                    style match-up - lara

STAMINA will play a big role in this fight

Canelo does not have experience vs a top level southpaw

Lara will be in the position to throw and land more than Canelo

Canelo will be fighting on the front foot but Lara will prefer this. The Cuban will try to keep off the ropes.

Trainers. The Great ronnie shields is in Lara's corner . He has trained Tyson , Holyfield and Whitaker. This is an advantage for erislandy.

FOOTWORK will play a big role also.

Lara also has the reach advantage.

I truly believe this is a bad style match up for canelo

But credit must go to the Mexican for taking the challenge and not wanting to fight for the paper belt

Canelos foot movement when trying to close the gap to punch isn't good enough to beat lara

angulo is more agressive than canelo
                    angulo will take one to land one , canelo wont
                    canelo thinks too much to beat lara

Comment

Even if he "pressured" in the Angulo fight, he was already starting to fade. And that's without the guy punching back.

As far as the Lopez fight goes, who said I was talking about the whole fight? There was a round where Lopez got Canelo on the ropes and unloaded. Canelo looked very uncomfortable and did not see him brawling as TS claims that he can do.
                      He was playing with Angulo in the last few rounds. Angulo was more active during the last part of the fight and Alvarez was laughing at his power fighting with his hands down in the middle of the ring and not even looking at him at times. Angulo threw 100 or close to that number of punches in the 8th round.He was still plenty of combinations in the 9th round and clearly dominating even if he wasn't as active as at the start.

As far as the Lopez fight that round your referring to was either the round Canelo knocked Lopez down twice with body shots after looking so uncomfortable or the round he got the Tko while also putting him down.

Comment

Working...
                      X