Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think that Algerie beat Provo more convincingly than Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else think that Algerie beat Provo more convincingly than Bradley?

I see it this way, a scoring punch is a scoring punch no matter how hard it landed. I don't score fights based off of intangibles. Scoring should be based off of who takes control of a fight and lands more. Damage can make a slight impact, but when you're out landing your opponent with a shut eye and making them miss then you're doing what champions are supposed to do. I thought it was very ignorant of Lampley to say something like, "it's difficult to score a round for a fighter with a busted eye." This is a sport and it's not like we're watching rockem sockem robots in action. Ruslan wasn't doing much after he shut Algerie's eye. He had a moment or two in the fight, but Algerie had the fight for the most part. When Bradley fought Ruslan he didn't beat him as convincingly even though I think that Bradley wasn't fighting the way he normally does. Yet ppl think Algerie lost cuz of his lack of punching power. Why even sign a fight if we know before the fight that the opponent has less power and we're going to hold them against it? Like I said I don't score based off of intangibles cuz it's not something an individual can control, but I do score on who is taking ring generalship cuz that IS something that a fighter can control. Ring generalship is turning a fight to your favor, and after round three the fight was never in Ruslan's favor. This is boxing....
    Last edited by tito_bandito; 07-01-2014, 03:02 PM.

yeah but only cause Bradley choose to fight Provo not Bradley-like but rather than a brawler cause he wanted to prove something...if he would have fought the way he use/d to do he would have 120-108-ied Provo...

Comment

I definitely think the Algeri win was more convincing, but like WesleySnipes said, it was because of the way Bradley chose to fight. I think Bradley beats Algeri, and to be honest in a rematch I think Bradley beats Provo probably 8 - 4.

Comment

Bradley didn't beat Provodnikov. Algieri did.

Comment

Algieri didnt get hurt as much as Bradley, but he also didnt do as much damage as Bradley.

Comment

Definitely. I had Bradley winning by a point whereas I had Algeri winning quite comfortably.

Comment

Dumb thread- niether algeiri or bradley beat prov : )

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Bradley didn't beat Provodnikov. Algieri did.
                LOL they both beat prov.

Comment

For sure. It's debatable if Bradley even won.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    For sure. It's debatable if Bradley even won.
                    All fights are debatable when you have idiot fanboys.

Comment

Working...
                    X