No announcement yet.

Golden Divorce just got real! GBP files arbitration for $50 Mil in damages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Ask yourself this question. As a result of Schaefer's actions, what revenues has Golden Boy Promotions lost? They are still getting revenue from EVERY Haymon fighter that they had signed.
    wasn't it Schaefers fiduciary responsibility to act in the best interest of GBP and MAXIMIZE revenue. As opposed to "still get [some] revenue."

Your statement basically sounds like, "I let my girlfriend date other dudes, but hey, at least I still get to **** her sometimes, and that's better than never"

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      U are both wrong. If the arbitration is private then no, it absolutely cannot be used in discovery unless a court order says so. I mean I have no reason to lie to u. Go look it up. Look up the cases etc. It's almost impossible. It's not gonna happen. What do u think these stars Luke to have private settlements etc? That's why. The info can not be used unless unsealed by the court....which again is highly unlikely.
      Read this
      http://apps.americanbar.org/litigati...privilege.html

And this (the results of Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. v. First Quality Baby Prods)
      http://michaelfinkelstein.weebly.com...tion_final.pdf

Mediation documents are almost always protected from discovery. Arbitration documents are not.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 06-26-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Haymon is the true puppet master. The dude used GBP and Schaefer and currently using Floyd and Espinoza. All while covering his own ass.
        Dude's got skills ....... no question about it.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
          wasn't it Schaefers fiduciary responsibility to act in the best interest of GBP and MAXIMIZE revenue. As opposed to "still get [some] revenue."

Your statement basically sounds like, "I let my girlfriend date other dudes, but hey, at least I still get to **** her sometimes, and that's better than never"
          I don't know what their revenue arrangements were and I don't know what their income statements look like. So I can't answer that. And you can't either.

If they are losing money and are in a ton of debt, then yeah, the company was damaged. If they are still generating the same revenues then there is no damage.

And that's a bad analogy. GBP fighters weren't ****ing other dudes (Top Rank or other promoters). They were only getting ****ed by GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
            Please, doe, stop posting crap. Let their respective lawyers battle it out in court. Right now you don't know ****. Go and kiss Floyd's ass and everything and everyone associated with him.
            It doesn't take long for a totally moronic post to occur ... Instead of offering something of worth, this is what you post ... You must be proud!!

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Read this
              http://apps.americanbar.org/litigati...privilege.html

And this (the results of Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. v. First Quality Baby Prods)
              http://michaelfinkelstein.weebly.com...tion_final.pdf

Mediation documents are almost always protected from discovery. Arbitration documents are not.

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
              Dude's got skills ....... no question about it.
              At least this is something we can agree on. It's just crazy how the more we find out about this the more we realize what Haymon had been up to. And how well planned its been.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Haymon is the true puppet master. The dude used GBP and Schaefer and currently using Floyd and Espinoza. All while covering his own ass.
                Haymon would be good for the sport if he worked with all promoters and networks. The sanctioning bodies just need to grow some balls.

Imagine if the sancitioning bodies did the matchmaking, Haymon and other managers/advisors negotiated deals and promoters did nothing but bid on fights. No promotional contracts existed That would be the ideal structure for boxing.

Comment

Haymon can't be touched. He's just an advisor. He signs fighters and advises them not to sign long term promotional contracts so they can make more money.

If they were to sue, it would be for Schaefer negligently allowing the contracts to expire and continuing to invest in fighters that can leave GBP and fight for another company tomorrow. That's going to be difficult to prove though when GBP is still promoting fights for basically every single Haymon fighter. Schaefer can just say him and Haymon had a great working relationship and there was no reason to believe that Haymon would take the fighters elsewhere. It was his discretion as company CEO.
                  I'm not saying Haymon can be touched; I'm saying that the damage caused, fighters no longer doing business with GBP, maybe too remote from Schaefer's actions for him to be liable.

I suppose if you're focusing on the contracts Schaefer drafted and not the act of him leaving proximity can be found. However, I'd still question whether or not his actions are negligent. You have to go by what the reasonable person would do in his situation; to that end, numerous businesses make use of independent contractors, whom they have minimal control over.

I think Oscar would have to prove deceit/intent on Schaefer's part.

Comment

And that's a bad analogy. GBP fighters weren't ****ing other dudes
                    Not that YOU know of.

But seriously, I'm just making a common sensual assumption. Nobody here, including me, really knows anything about the exact details. Nor should we pretend to.
                    Last edited by racer59; 06-26-2014, 09:05 PM. Reason: Tase

Comment

Haymon would be good for the sport if he worked with all promoters and networks. The sanctioning bodies just need to grow some balls.

Imagine if the sancitioning bodies did the matchmaking, Haymon and other managers/advisors negotiated deals and promoters did nothing but bid on fights. No promotional contracts existed That would be the ideal structure for boxing.
                      We can only hope that one day, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X