No announcement yet.

Golden Divorce just got real! GBP files arbitration for $50 Mil in damages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    I'm not saying Haymon can be touched; I'm saying that the damage caused, fighters no longer doing business with GBP, maybe too remote from Schaefer's actions for him to be liable.

I suppose if you're focusing on the contracts Schaefer drafted and not the act of him leaving proximity can be found. However, I'd still question whether or not his actions are negligent. You have to go by what the reasonable person would do in his situation; to that end, numerous businesses make use of independent contractors, whom they have minimal control over.

I think Oscar would have to prove deceit/intent on Schaefer's part.
    Agreed. The only way they have a case if they can show that they were losing a ton of money because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
      Not that YOU know of.

But seriously, I'm just making a common sensical ssumption. Nobody here, including me, really knows anything about the exact details. Nor should we pretend to.
      i see you edited your sensual assumption. why you gotta do that bro?

i had a leonard ellerbe chest rub joke i wanted to use.

smdh.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
        i see you edited your sensual assumption. why you gotta do that bro?

i had a leonard ellerbe chest rub joke i wanted to use.

smdh.
        Hahaha. I thought about leaving it in too. Imma change it back.

Comment

Can't wait for Haymon to get exposed for ruining great fights and putting crap ones on

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
            Hahaha. I thought about leaving it in too. Imma change it back.
            its too late....

the thrill is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
              Can't wait for Haymon to get exposed for ruining great fights and putting crap ones on
              "Y'all don't know about bidniss doe" "YDKSAB" (you don't know **** about bidniss)

Comment

I have to question the hatred Al Haymon receives ( Let's be honest, the answer is pretty obvious). For the best part of 3 years GBP promotion, with Al Haymon's involvement, has consistently put on better cards than their competitors; yet Al Haymon, a man that hasn't said a bad word about his nearest competitors, is hated by the boxing community.

The man is considered a pariah for ensuring his fighters get paid.

Meanwhile Old Bob; a man linked with robberies in the ring and short changing his fighters, a man who has consistently bad mouthed his business partners and rivals; receives adoration.

I wonder why...

Comment

I have to question the hatred Al Haymon receives ( Let's be honest, the answer is pretty obvious). For the best part of 3 years GBP promotion, with Al Haymon's involvement, has consistently put on better cards than their competitors; yet Al Haymon, a man that hasn't said a bad word about his nearest competitors, is hated by the boxing community.

Meanwhile Old Bob; a man linked with robberies in the ring and short changing his fighters, a man who has consistently bad mouthed his business partners and rivals; receives adoration.

I wonder why...
                  Let me think a minute ......

Comment

I wonder why...
                    Haymon hasn't robbed fighters or put on **** cards?

Actually, let's PRETEND hes never put on a **** card. August 9th's card makes up for never putting on a **** card and beyond. As a matter of fact, this is the ****tiest card of all times.

Comment

I wonder why...

lol wut?

bob arum receives adoration?

and you do know al haymon is a gangster right? and smdh at you asking why haymon receives hate.

he receives hate because he tried to destroy oscar's company by using a crooked ass euro scum banker to do it. he is also being sued for possibly breaking the ali act.

sure he gets HIS fighters paid but he pits them with cherry picked opposition.

great for HIS fighters pockets, bad for the fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X