Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was that the worst punch connect stat you have ever seen?83 landed out of 803 thrown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    Ppl shutting on Russell but it was all lomos defense. It was excellent. He neutralized every phase of Russell's attack. It was a high level fight. Ppl don't appreciate the work both of these guys did. I'm a fan of both.
    Watching now, and I agree with you on Loma defence. It was amazing from foot speed to blocking punches etc TBA just couldn't land on Loma due to the way his attack neutralise.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Judge who had it a DRAW gave THE FIRST FOUR ROUNDS TO GARY RUSSELL JR.

What. A. Joke.
      and people think Boxing isn't corrupt

That judge = al haymon effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Watching now, and I agree with you on Loma defence. It was amazing from foot speed to blocking punches etc TBA just couldn't land on Loma due to the way his attack neutralise.
        is grj official nickname TBA now lol?

Comment

Wow. I can't think of any worse.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            Ppl shutting on Russell but it was all lomos defense. It was excellent. He neutralized every phase of Russell's attack. It was a high level fight. Ppl don't appreciate the work both of these guys did. I'm a fan of both.
            Salido didn't land anything other than low blows and body shots for the most part either. The only guy to really land on Lomachenko so far was his first opponent. The guy's defense understanding of distance is pretty damn good and will likely only get better. So many times Russell would throw and Loma would be just out of range.

Comment

This fight was a combination of the fact that Vasyl is a top level fighter and GRJ is just not that good. Vasyl is very hard to hit because he combines footwork and head movement with a very good guard and great timing. However, Lomachenko's defence looks especially good against guys who can't punch. You need power and workrate to tag Lomachenko and GRJ's power sucks. I just can't respect professionals who don't put anything on their punches. Lomachenko won't have even been slightly bothered by any one of GRJ's punches (not that he landed many) which is a joke. I appreciate the pure boxing of Mayweather, Rigondeaux etc because their punches actually have an impact, particularly in Rigondeaux's case. GRJ on the other hand literally can't even slightly buzz any marginally good boxer with his punches. Most guys in the gym a few months throw a lot harder than GRJ last night. GRJs speed is also a myth. He's fast but his speed is exaggerated because his punches are all arm punches and couldn't break a ****ing eggshell.

Comment

The worst punch connect numbers I've seen was Sutherland/Rainford 2.

Brian landed 2 out of 711. Both were cat paw jabs. Well obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Any worse examples ya'll can think of?
                  never pay attention to punch stats, showtime or HBO, they are utter crap. There is no way Russell landed such few punches lol it's ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    never pay attention to punch stats, showtime or HBO, they are utter crap. There is no way Russell landed such few punches lol it's ridiculous
                    If we only count punches that actually matter he landed even fewer than stats indicate. I literally didn't see Vasyl's head snap once. I just can't respect boxers who just shoe shine with **** punches.
                    Last edited by stefl14; 06-22-2014, 06:18 AM.

Comment

That's what he gets for focusing on just "speed." He looked like an amateur in there, he will get KTFO as soon as he steps it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X