Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was that the worst punch connect stat you have ever seen?83 landed out of 803 thrown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    .... Gary Russel Jr was made to look that way

Why can't people give credit where it is due?
    Instead its always the case of dissecting an opponent and trying to diminishing the victory.

IF Gary was capable of doing it you'd surely be saying Gary Russel Jr is the best thing since sliced bread, Vasyl was owned and so on blah blah...

Idiot.
    GRJ had fought nothing but TBA cans that didn't prepare him for Loma, that is the reason. Loma got beaten by Salido, he is b rated at best.

Comment

with that style russell could rule the amatures.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        GRJ had fought nothing but TBA cans that didn't prepare him for Loma, that is the reason. Loma got beaten by Salido, he is b rated at best.
        B rated atm yes...
        I think he can go further though :/ I'd honestly be surprised If he doesn't win a world title

I mean that type of intensity he brought to the first half of the fight I can't imagine many guys being capable of doing what Loma did to make it inept.
        Personal opinion I think people are being a tiny bit too harsh on him but now he has lost hopefully he take it on the chin and doesn't shy away from the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          Judge who had it a DRAW gave THE FIRST FOUR ROUNDS TO GARY RUSSELL JR.

What. A. Joke.
          Right from the get go!!! How could 2 judges score the 1st rd for Russell Jr.?

To me that 1st round was a no brainer.

Scoring this fight a draw is beyond me

Comment

I have a theory.....maybe his punches were so fast we all missed seeing him land his shots.

Comment

That was a boxing lesson put on my Loma. He outclassed Russell. Gary has the fastest hands in boxing and has good power. But he could not catch Loman, and when he did he was hesitant due to the counters to head and body. Russell has to prove that he is an A level fighter. I suspect that he is but fighting like he did last night and the matchmaking is pointing to him being a protected fraud. His next fight should be Salido. Let's start there to see what he is

Comment

Loma had a superb performance last night. His ring generalship, defense, positioning, and the wicked body punches he landed were tremendous. His workrate could be better, but it should improve with time. Russell had no answer to the movement and positioning.

GRJ was befuddled inspite of his edge in handspeed. He probably felt like he was fighting the invisible man in there. He wasted a lot of energy hitting air. I applaud GRJ's heart - he never quit trying, but man he needs to go back to school. Professor Loma kicked his a$$ and had him all but out on his feet in the 12th. Had there been one more round, GRJ would have gotten KO'd for sure.

Comment

If I am not mistaken Renato Cornett landed 4 percent of his total punches on Spadafora, an IBF record.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    .... Gary Russel Jr was made to look that way

Why can't people give credit where it is due?
                    Instead its always the case of dissecting an opponent and trying to diminishing the victory.

IF Gary was capable of doing it you'd surely be saying Gary Russel Jr is the best thing since sliced bread, Vasyl was owned and so on blah blah...

Idiot.
                    Absolutely nothing I said is false. GRJ simply can't punch. He is just a shoe shine puncher who puts no weight behind his shots. I simply can't respect anyone like that. I'm not saying everyone has to punch like Tyson but the pro game is about excitement and damage caused. People like Mayweather are fine in my books as when their punches land they snap heads around - they have something happen. When someone can't even move their opponents head when they land in a whole fight that is wrong in professional boxing.
                    Last edited by stefl14; 06-22-2014, 04:51 PM.

Comment

calzaghe fought the same way against hopkins but he "landed" 220 punches. guess some punch counters are blind and some aren't.

Comment

Working...
                      X