Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel cheated when a big fight goes 12 with no stoppage or kd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Grizzley View Post
    You are exactly what's wrong with the world today.
    Because I am admitting that I hope no fights ever go the distance and someone gets ko'd everytime?

I think there are alot of liars here on this forum if they say they secretly don't feel the same deep down.

Comment

It's your opinion; depending on the fighter is where my expectations come from; A Floyd.Ward,B-Hop I expect 12 rds; a Matthyse,Ruslan,GGG type fighter I expect a KO.

Comment

I wish for a stoppage (and a clear out cold stoppage, not some ref who just jumps in after counting to 1).

But I don't feel ripped off if one doesn't happen. If every fight was a brutal KO these guys would have very short careers. Most have some degree of brain damage as it is.

Comment

Ya'll need to lay off with the "you are what's wrong with boxing lol" ****, Spay_Resistant is one of the most hardcore fans on this site.

While I personally disagree with his stance a bit, because I enjoy the sport a little differently, it doesn't discredit him in any way. Look; the fans are the only reason this sport exists. We vote with our dollars and our viewership each and every fight. Without us, fighters use boxing as a way to get college scholarships and that's it.

The guys that literally put their necks out there will always be admired more than those that play it safe; that applies to virtually anything in life, and it's true with boxing. The slick, sly guy who plays it smart will get his props, but the warriors that out their health on the line and face the possibility of ending up like Magomed Abdusalamov each and every fight will always be viewed with far more respect than the Bhops and Malignaggis of the sport.

"Stinking up the joint" a credible complaint when you paid to see a fight for entertainment, and one guy is just trying to jab, tie up, and spoil for 12 rounds. There is nothing "sweet" about paying hard-earned money to see that.

I am into sweet science and I am into boxers, and there can be a lot of great drama in a close 12 round fight, but guys fighting with their hearts and their balls give us epics like Morales-Barrera, Gatti-Ward, Corrales-Castillo, and Marquez-Vasquez. Virtually all the classic fights in our sport have been strait wars.

You are never, ever going to have epic, beloved battles with incredible rematches and edge-of-your-seat rounds when you have two slick guys looking to edge it out over 12.

What would you rather watch: Whitaker-DLH or Matthyse-Molina?

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Ya'll need to lay off with the "you are what's wrong with boxing lol" ****, Spay_Resistant is one of the most hardcore fans on this site.

While I personally disagree with his stance a bit, because I enjoy the sport a little differently, it doesn't discredit him in any way. Look; the fans are the only reason this sport exists. We vote with our dollars and our viewership each and every fight. Without us, fighters use boxing as a way to get college scholarships and that's it.

The guys that literally put their necks out there will always be admired more than those that play it safe; that applies to virtually anything in life, and it's true with boxing. The slick, sly guy who plays it smart will get his props, but the warriors that out their health on the line and face the possibility of ending up like Magomed Abdusalamov each and every fight will always be viewed with far more respect than the Bhops and Malignaggis of the sport.

"Stinking up the joint" a credible complaint when you paid to see a fight for entertainment, and one guy is just trying to jab, tie up, and spoil for 12 rounds. There is nothing "sweet" about paying hard-earned money to see that.

I am into sweet science and I am into boxers, and there can be a lot of great drama in a close 12 round fight, but guys fighting with their hearts and their balls give us epics like Morales-Barrera, Gatti-Ward, Corrales-Castillo, and Marquez-Vasquez. Virtually all the classic fights in our sport have been strait wars.

You are never, ever going to have epic, beloved battles with incredible rematches and edge-of-your-seat rounds when you have two slick guys looking to edge it out over 12.

What would you rather watch: Whitaker-DLH or Matthyse-Molina?
            Thanks Paul, I was just thinking about how disrespected Froch is on this forum no matter who he beats because he isn't the most athletically talented guy and relies on his power, stamina, chin, and toughness to win fights.

I bet no one here misses the fight when he is on though no matter what anyone says about him and how what he does looks.

He at one point in the Groves rematch I could see him consciously just decide he was going to walk right through Groves's punches to land his own and he did, got the one punch ko erasing all doubt from the first fight.

I am just not that excited by a fighter with little power, with good skills who is primarily a defender just trying to land enough to get the round and get out of the round safe for enough rounds to win a decision.

Comment

Nope, in some instances I actually prefer it when fights go the distance.

Comment

not for me as reflected by me asking for best and exciting fights between 2 pure boxers:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=633070

Comment

I'm not somewhat disheartened by a long distance fight, as long as it's entertaining. I'll watch Paulie because he comes to fight featherfisted or not the dude goes balls to the wall.

Another guy I will watch purely for his skill is Crawford, he's very skilled but has the power to end a fight which makes him even more unpredictable but he stated himself he's not bothered about entertaining the fans (atleast he is honest).

Now if the likes of Thurman, Wilder go the distance id be pretty pissed off because all they ever **** on about is their "Power".

Atleast with Matthysse you know he will give you full blown entertainment for the 12 rounds, and even Porter who's relentlessness makes it so hard to take your eye off the bout.

HW's are just too unpredictable as the amount of power they carry can end the night at any time.

I feel robbed (I don't pay anymore) when I see Mayweather because I always want him to lose but he wins, and it's always against an opponent who he has handicapped to fuck.

Comment

For me, having the best fighters compete and finding the outcome is always exciting. Also, at the elite of the elite level ko's aren't always going to happen.

Comment

not at all. i love watching two slick boxers try to out maneuver each other, its my favorite kind of match up.

i do love knockouts though and i wish they would be a bit more frequent at top level. but if all fights ended in KO's that would kill much of the excitement of it for me, so im actually glad every fight doesnt end by a stoppage.

that said, even when two talent less bums stand in front of each other and whale away like morons for 12 rounds i dont feel cheated. i made a decision to watch the fight, if i know my boxing that means i should know what to expect.

if someone has fought their whole career in a certain style you cant tune in to watch and be surprised let alone angry that they do what they have always done.

if you do you are just a moron, might as well go to the store and buy some milk then come back 20 minutes later outraged that its not a loaf of bread. you bought it dummy, if you cant tell them apart maybe you should get a personal assistant certified to handle people with special needs.
                      Last edited by #1Assassin; 06-17-2014, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X