Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel cheated when a big fight goes 12 with no stoppage or kd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes i feel cheated when the fight doesnt go 12. Knockouts are over rated. As long as i see beautiful set ups, shots and counters im happy.

You must really dislike the fact that boxing goes on for 10-12 if youre so anxious to see a ko.

Comment

If that's all you care about then go on YouTube and look at KO highlights..

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Why does everyone take everything anyone says to such an extreme on this site? I don't literally mean every fight has to be won by brutal ko in 1 rd just that in main event fights I want to see some dramatic action fights, no pitty patting to boring safe decisions, and known pitty patters/ holders with no power shouldn't even be on tv no matter how much they win.
        Your thread title is very clear and literal.

Anyone else feel cheated when a big fight goes 12 with no stoppage or kd?
        I mentioned a pack of 12 round fights with no KD's, that were really exciting. But it seems you had a change of heart as to what makes you feel cheated now and that's okay, you made a mistake in your thread title by singling out such a general circumstance. You should have said:

"Anyone else feel cheated when a big fight goes 12 boring rounds" then further explain in your post: "and/or 12 non-competitive/one-sided rounds" etc. Then there wouldn't have been such an outrage.

Comment

the pure boxing fan club actually gets upset when a knockdown or knockout happens. "this is boxing, why is he hitting him so hard?"

Comment

If you want to watch a sport where there are lots of early KOs youd really like Glory Kickboxing. Theres a big event, their first PPV this saturday, its going to be a barn burner.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              I do, I just don't think networks should televise two slick boxers fighting one another or at least not televise fighters with low ko%s anymore.

At the end of the day if you are really honest about what boxing is, it is not a sport just a violent entertaining business venture.

I personally feel cheated if a big fight takes place and the main event doesn't end in some kind of stoppage or at the very least isn't of some entertainment value, and goes all 12 with no kds.

Some champions are good defenders but they should just tape their defenses and have them posted online for anyone to watch when they want a nap.
              I hear what you are saying, it depends for me in the manner in which it goes the distance, but for example when I watch fighters like Maidana and Froch, I want them to put people to sleep, but just because it goes the distance doesn't mean it wasn't a war, or a thrilling boxing match.

Comment

if there's no difference between a hard punch and an algeri pillow punch then why do knockdowns score you extra points? shouldn't they count the same as a jab? your opponent happened to fall down but so, if the boxer who was knocked down lands a jab they are back to even!

Comment

I accept the sport for what it is. When I see a boxing match I am intrigued but I don't get excited and shout. When I see a brawl break out and KDs happen, I'll get out of my seat and shout. With that said, I don't prefer to see one over the other. Whatever happens during a fight is what happens. I enjoy it for what it is.

To be honest, my lack of ability to appreciate a boxing match is why I didn't become a hardcore boxing fans until my senior year of high school, but if you can't appreciate two men boxing each other, there are other combat sports that you should probably be watching.

Comment

right from the first page you can tell whos who. kd and kos are what makes the sport of boxing exciting, was people happy after rigo/agbeko fight? or are they happy and felt they got their moneys worth after a mayweather fight? hell no. thats the truth....

Comment

A fight doesnt need KDs or KOs to be exciting.

In saying that there is nothing that gets me out of me seat and shouting like a KD or KO does.

And there is nothing more boring then watching 2 counter punches standing in the middle of the ring not throwing and waiting to counter the other.

If you are a true boxing fan you need to be able to enjoy the technical side of boxing as well, otherwise just like others have said go and watch KO highlights on youtube, problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                      X