Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel cheated when a big fight goes 12 with no stoppage or kd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else feel cheated when a big fight goes 12 with no stoppage or kd?

I do, I just don't think networks should televise two slick boxers fighting one another or at least not televise fighters with low ko%s anymore.

At the end of the day if you are really honest about what boxing is, it is not a sport just a violent entertaining business venture.

I personally feel cheated if a big fight takes place and the main event doesn't end in some kind of stoppage or at the very least isn't of some entertainment value, and goes all 12 with no kds.

Some champions are good defenders but they should just tape their defenses and have them posted online for anyone to watch when they want a nap.

I disagree 100%.

Boxing is more than KDs and KO's. The little things excite me as a fan. I enjoy all styles I can be just as entertained watching a chess match as a brawl.

I did hate Tyson fans growing up I remember my Dad ordering the Tyson-Etienne fight and the shyt was over before I sat down with my slice of pizza. I felt cheated that time for sure lol

Comment

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
      I disagree 100%.

Boxing is more than KDs and KO's. The little things excite me as a fan. I enjoy all styles I can be just as entertained watching a chess match as a brawl.
      I just don't care for a chess match without the suspense that someone could get caught and put to sleep, without the potential for a bomb going off its a fencing match.

Take Wlad/Haye, if I didn't know before hand that they both have crazy ko power, it would have been the worst fight ever but the suspense that the big shot could land anytime made it interesting but sadly it didn't.

Comment

Nope. If anything, I hate paying $60 bucks for short fights. I just want to see the best fighters in the world show off their skills.

Comment

Only if it's a fight between 2 sluggers that was expected to end in ko..

If Adonis-kovolev went 12, then yeah I'm disappointed..

Adonis-Hopkins, not so much

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Only if it's a fight between 2 sluggers that was expected to end in ko..

If Adonis-kovolev went 12, then yeah I'm disappointed..

Adonis-Hopkins, not so much
            That is fine because there is a chance Adonis could catch him or that Hopkins could pull something out with his craft and skill but take like Yuri Foreman vs an overmatched opponent on a televised card.

Why even bother tune in? After 5-6 rounds of him jabbing and pecking his way to a UD I wish they would just prematurely stop it so we can move on to a main event or end the evening early.

Comment

why? can you define boxing? its the art of hit and NOT being hit back.

yes, kd and ko's makes it exciting but a technical display is also exciting if you truly appresiate the sport.

do i enjoy a brawl fest? heck yeah, but i also appresiate a true technical fight

for me that's what boxing is all about.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

In a way I feel let down. It's kind of like when you're excited for a movie or show and it doesn't live up to your expectations. It can still be a good movie or fight but it could have been so much better.

Comment

No. At the elite level, I like that getting knockdowns/knockouts are very hard to achieve - which make them even more dramatic when they do happen.

I think you undersell boxing by calling it violent entertainment. It really is so much more artful than that. I don't watch boxing for its violent nature. However, knockdowns/knockouts really do bring an incredibly compelling element to the sport. Just the palpable sense of a knockdown nearly occurring, or seeing one fighter slowly chip away and set traps to get a KD/KO is usually enough for me.

Though do be prepared for the Mayweather-ites to tell you how knockdowns ain't shiet and don't pay the bills etc.

Comment

These people just keep exposing themselves as individuals who aren't fans of the actual sport. Some great fights have been without a knockout or knock down: SRL v Duran, Pacquiao v Morales, De La Hoya v Mosley, Ali v Frazier II.

Someone getting knocked down or knocked out is not a prerequisite for a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X