No announcement yet.

Real boxing fans, Lets talk post Cotto-Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
    Hell he lost to Murray i felt too, but props to Cotto he did a hell of a job. As for being a good MW champ? If he avoids anyone decent yeah. Cotto is going to have a hard time in there if he fights Canelo, GGG, and even maybe Quillin. We'll see what he does though, but I'm guessing Canelo.
    I'd love for him to fight Quillin next.I think that's a easy fight.The other 2 are a little more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by NAPO View Post
      Surprisingly a solid PPV card. In a way i think people got their money's worth tonight.

My take:

-Cotto looked real good no matter what version of Sergio he was fighting. The left hook was vicious and those right hands looked very sharp.

-Martinez after round 3 was done. It was almost hard to watch because he had clearly shot legs and those are his weapons. Cotto cut the ring very well, but it was clear that Martinez right knee wasn't keeping up with him

-Martinez is all class. damn it! it sucked seeing him without his legs. I'm a huge fan still and he deserves to be in the HOF in the future.

-I truly believe Cotto could beat some quality opponents. Winner of Canelo-Lara would be great and a showdown with GGG would really seal his legitimacy as THE MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMP!

-As a Puerto Rican, its truly awesome seeing a countryman become a 4th division champion and bring yet another piece of history back to the Island.

Your thoughts?
      Cotto looks like a totally different fighter under Roach.

He uses a combination of boxing off the back foot, setting traps using angles and going totally offensive to keep his opponents off balance. When he goes offensive, he really sits down on that left hook and throws it with bad intentions to the body and head.

I think more than anything Sergio has been fighting slow come forward fighters that made him look like a superstar.

Sergio's knee was fine. I think Sergio was shocked by Cotto's speed. When Cotto came up in weight, he was actually faster than Martinez, that speed more than anything else befuddled Sergio and totally took him out of his game. Almost the same thing as what oscar experienced when he fought Pac. The speed was too much to overcome.
      Last edited by Shad0wB0xer; 06-08-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X