No announcement yet.

Real boxing fans, Lets talk post Cotto-Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real boxing fans, Lets talk post Cotto-Martinez

Surprisingly a solid PPV card. In a way i think people got their money's worth tonight.

My take:

-Cotto looked real good no matter what version of Sergio he was fighting. The left hook was vicious and those right hands looked very sharp.

-Martinez after round 3 was done. It was almost hard to watch because he had clearly shot legs and those are his weapons. Cotto cut the ring very well, but it was clear that Martinez right knee wasn't keeping up with him

-Martinez is all class. damn it! it sucked seeing him without his legs. I'm a huge fan still and he deserves to be in the HOF in the future.

-I truly believe Cotto could beat some quality opponents. Winner of Canelo-Lara would be great and a showdown with GGG would really seal his legitimacy as THE MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMP!

-As a Puerto Rican, its truly awesome seeing a countryman become a 4th division champion and bring yet another piece of history back to the Island.

Your thoughts?

So based on your opinion dont discredit Floyd should he beat Cotto's ass for MW title and he becoming the first fighter since Armstrong to hold 3 lineal titles AT THE SAME DAMN TIME!!!

Comment

I said this in another thread. Martinez wasn't 100%, but everyone picking him to destroy Cotto knew he wouldn't be. It was a risk Cotto took, and he looked great. He won in every aspect of the fight. I'm thankful to have witnessed history.

I must admit though. I feel for Sergio a bit. I've been a fan and had the pleasure of meeting him. He's a great guy. I usually root for him in every fight, but not tonight. He got dismantled.

Also, the undercard wasn't bad. I wasn't too happy with Sonsona-WV2, but whatever. The other two were quality fights.

Comment

The difference in the fight was Cotto's left hook that Sergio had no answer for. Even Sergio 2 years ago wouldn't have had an answer for it because of Sergio's style. To say Cotto was only landing flush left hooks because of Sergio's legs is absurd. The same people who were picking Martinez to crush Cotto are the same one's making all the excuses for him.

Comment

cotto done the job on him, i said this before and i will say it again p4p cotto is the better skilled fighter than sergio, the only reason i picked sergio was because he has solid power and chin at 160 where as cotto had been rocked badly at 140 and his power didnt seem to carry up to even 154.

even with 100% healthy sergio cotto would give him a serious fight and maybe even win a ud because he is the more skilled fighter, sergio would have the punchers chance to plant his feet more throw some power shots. his punches today had 0 snap on them and his knees were getting wobbled with every strong punch cotto threw.

Comment

Originally posted by shacasulu View Post
            So based on your opinion dont discredit Floyd should he beat Cotto's ass for MW title and he becoming the first fighter since Armstrong to hold 3 lineal titles AT THE SAME DAMN TIME!!!
            LOL!

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
            I said this in another thread. Martinez wasn't 100%, but everyone picking him to destroy Cotto knew he wouldn't be. It was a risk Cotto took, and he looked great. He won in every aspect of the fight. I'm thankful to have witnessed history.

I must admit though. I feel for Sergio a bit. I've been a fan and had the pleasure of meeting him. He's a great guy. I usually root for him in every fight, but not tonight. He got dismantled.

Also, the undercard wasn't bad. I wasn't too happy with Sonsona-WV2, but whatever. The other two were quality fights.
            I also wasn't happy with Vazquez vs Sonsona. The holding was getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by shacasulu View Post
              read the title again!
              " real boxing fans ,lets talk Cotto-Martinez'..

goddamn fl****s!

Comment

Originally posted by HateBoxing View Post
                cotto done the job on him, i said this before and i will say it again p4p cotto is the better skilled fighter than sergio, the only reason i picked sergio was because he has solid power and chin at 160 where as cotto had been rocked badly at 140 and his power didnt seem to carry up to even 154.

even with 100% healthy sergio cotto would give him a serious fight and maybe even win a ud because he is the more skilled fighter, sergio would have the punchers chance to plant his feet more throw some power shots. his punches today had 0 snap on them and his knees were getting wobbled with every strong punch cotto threw.
                Cotto's movement surprise the **** out of me. I also believe a 100% Sergio would of still had his hands full against the Cotto. I must say, Roach has done a good job with Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughts View Post
                  The difference in the fight was Cotto's left hook that Sergio had no answer for. Even Sergio 2 years ago wouldn't have had an answer for it because of Sergio's style. To say Cotto was only landing flush left hooks because of Sergio's legs is absurd. The same people who were picking Martinez to crush Cotto are the same one's making all the excuses for him.
                  Martinez was moving like a butterfly and was even thinking of stinging like a bee but got thudded with a lethal left hook. Watch his legs the whole time, his leg was fine it was his chin that gave out. Watch how fast he sprung up after the first knockdown, no problem with the knee. Only bitter haters will kid themselves tonight but Cotto beats ANY version or Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by vErDuGo View Post
                    read the title again!
                    " real boxing fans ,lets talk Cotto-Martinez'..

goddamn fl****s!
                    LOL what you laughing at clown.

This is post Cotto Martinez, Mayweather vs Cotto is a potential fight after Cotto vs Martinez

Comment

Working...
                    X