No announcement yet.

"Carl Froch is nothing but a British hype job" - Agree or Disagree

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    What is the vegetable situation like in Oakland?

Do the people of Oakland have access to fresh fruit and vegetables?

produce in cali is the real deal. so is the weed . the climate and soil in the central part of the state is freaking absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      produce in cali is the real deal. so is the weed . the climate and soil in the central part of the state is freaking absurd.
      Then Oakland can't be that bad then.

I remember watching a news piece on Detroit now that place does seem like a grim place to live.

Comment

Froch is a very good fighter. Of course the Brits. are going to make a big deal about him. As far as everyone jumping down Wards ass for being "boring", well, in my opinion they need to make some rules for point deductions for fowls in boxing IE holding, pushing, nut hitting and so on. Until that happens. " ALLS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR". Ward lays it on them boys and they act like school girls sitting there taking it. "A man fights back". These guys snivel and there groupies with man crushes defend them, while Ward rapes them in the ring, "embarrassing" if you ask me.
        Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 06-07-2014, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Over here they did.

Froch is one of the few examples of fighters over here not being built up, not being protected and actually fighting his way to stardom.

Froch was handed nothing in this game. He didn't get an easy vacant belt against an unranked fighter and hold it hostage of 10 years against no hopers like Calzaghe, he didn't hold a bogus WBU belt for years to build his fan base like Hatton, he didn't have Olympic backgrounds and medals like Audley Harrison, James Degale or Amir Khan or even David Price.

There's no way he's overrated, the journey Froch has been on and what he's been able to do considered where he was at 5 or 6 years ago is nothing short of amazing.

perhaps "per capita / p4p" those two are more overrated than froch, but in terms of the overall ground swell of overrating that's gone on in the wake of the 80K wembley gate, i don't see how you can possibly compare them. british casuals seem to think froch is some sort of god. in reality, he's the second best fighter in his division, and was completely outclassed by ward. if he's such a warrior, why does he literally want nothing to do with the division's best fighter?

i rewatched the ward fight last night. well, the last few rounds, anyway. froch's ability and his support are not in proportion. froch didn't look good against the only great talent and fighter he's ever fought. his abilities are definitely overrated, and in light of his blatant duck of ward in 2014, so is his "take all comers" attitude.

i'm also going to suffer through the dirrell fight soon. he looked awful, IIRC, and i was worried that he might not get the decision when i saw it live.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Then Oakland can't be that bad then.

I remember watching a news piece on Detroit now that place does seem like a grim place to live.

bro, if you get a chance, drive from the bay area to lake tahoe. it's one of the most beautiful places i've ever seen, in person or otherwise. you go steadily from a green, tropical place, to freaking hellish mountains and granite. it takes four hours.

i flew into san fran in april, and drove into the mountain passes. started at sea level and 70 degrees. ended up turning around because of a snowstorm when we got to 7000 feet. we went from the f#cking pacific ocean and a relatively tropical climate to some of the world's best skiing in four hours. it snowed several feet a night for several nights at the top of the mountains. there's nowhere like it in the world.

the girls in cali, bro.... i just wish i had better game.

as for detroit, that's one of the worst places you can live in america. you can buy a house for the price of a used car. several homeless people will undoubtedly be living there, and require forceful eviction.

Comment

safrancisco is wealthy granted, but Oakland is very poor. Ive been to sanfran and even that has trampy parts.

Tenderloin was ****ed up.

But Oakland is really a terrible area.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                The British media are great at hyping there fighters,
                The British fans aren't the sharpest and are fairly easy to convince.

I am reading on here from British posters comments like "is Carl Froch the best British fighter ever?"
                It's pretty embarrassing.

Let's be honest here, the British media did a great job hyping up Bute before Froch knocked him out. He went life and death with a past it Mikkel Kessler,
                He was outboxed by an old washed up Jermain Taylor and they robbed a Andre Dirrell in the UK.

Got completely outclassed by Andre Ward and now he's afraid to rematch him,
                Despite not even deserving the chance to do so.

George Groves? Who the **** is he? What has he done? Which world champions has he beaten? What even warranted him to fight Froch? He outboxed Froch and exposed him for the majority of the rounds over the last two fights.

Inexperience unfortunately got the better of him in the second fight and he was robbed in the first.

In your opinion, do you think Froch is overrated?
                He sure did get outclassed by Andre. But you say he doesn't deserve the rematch which he does not want. I also agree with that. So then, why the **** does Andre want it and keeps begging for it?? That's about as dumb as it gets wouldn't you say?? Stay on the shelf, fights no one and expects Froch to give him an easy payday using his name as a lesser fighter.

Comment

if he's such a warrior, why does he literally want nothing to do with the division's best fighter?
                  Why would you go from selling 80,000 tickets at home to having to travel to Wards hometown for what 10,000 people?!

It's not Froch's fault that Ward can't draw a decent crowd.

Comment

perhaps "per capita / p4p" those two are more overrated than froch, but in terms of the overall ground swell of overrating that's gone on in the wake of the 80K wembley gate, i don't see how you can possibly compare them. british casuals seem to think froch is some sort of god. in reality, he's the second best fighter in his division, and was completely outclassed by ward. if he's such a warrior, why does he literally want nothing to do with the division's best fighter?

i rewatched the ward fight last night. well, the last few rounds, anyway. froch's ability and his support are not in proportion. froch didn't look good against the only great talent and fighter he's ever fought. his abilities are definitely overrated, and in light of his blatant duck of ward in 2014, so is his "take all comers" attitude.

i'm also going to suffer through the dirrell fight soon. he looked awful, IIRC, and i was worried that he might not get the decision when i saw it live.

good grief you make out ward put a clinic on Froch in his Home country but in reality he neatralise dfroch in a 115-113 decision.

Froch has won a bronze at the world amateurs, defended the british title outright, won the commonwealth title, won the WBC title against pascal a guy that beat dawson. Came second in the super 6 with the world elite. Beat the guy that people felt was the best in Bute. Beat mack, then beat kessler then beat a very good young propect in goerge groves twice when he was all wrong for froch style wise.

Jermaine taylor beat and drawn against winky wring and Bernard hopkins, froch koed him in America for a paycut.

Show me where ward is doing anything like that???

As said the dude did it the hardway, the tv networks/the recession ****ed himover big time in the uk. But he played the long game and put on classic after classic.

Hes lost twice avenging one of those defeats where arguebly he won the first time round.

With the dudes resume and hes scrapping in the top ten p4p rankings.

As bringer said, froch has cleared up Andre wards dirty work, hes struggles with ward style wise, but hes number 1 Super middle weight...

Comment

I think the best way to judge a place is if someone fucking leveled it. Would you still be able to survive?

If not.

Shithole.

I am sure people live comfortably in Milton Keynes but it's still a little bull**** City made out of concrete.

Comment

Working...
                      X