Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it when a fighter signs to Haymon its ruled as a bad thing around here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
    didn't maidana also make money on the back end? ppv, gate, etc???
    Yeah they got him to take ppv upside which amounted to a big fat zero. Nice advice Haymon

Comment

you guys have lost all perspective. Ask Magomed Abdusalamov about someone getting a boxer all they can and a boxer being able to take care of their family if something goes wrong with getting punched in the head for a living for your entertainment. Im for the boxer getting what he can monetary wise as opposed to my and your selfish needs. These guys been screwed over for damn near 100yrs, now that they are getting paid somethings wrong. They are losing years of their life for YOUR entertainment. Way to get behind the boxers that make up the sport, they deserve as much as they can get. So what you dont get to see two specific people fight, they might end up in a position like Magomed Abdusalamov. The fighters come first, not your needs, dont like it dont watch, it survived this long without you.

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
        you guys have lost all perspective. Ask Magomed Abdusalamov about someone getting a boxer all they can and a boxer being able to take care of their family if something goes wrong with getting punched in the head for a living for your entertainment. Im for the boxer getting what he can monetary wise as opposed to my and your selfish needs. These guys been screwed over for damn near 100yrs, now that they are getting paid somethings wrong. They are losing years of their life for YOUR entertainment. Way to get behind the boxers that make up the sport, they deserve as much as they can get. So what you dont get to see two specific people fight, they might end up in a position like Magomed Abdusalamov. The fighters come first, not your needs, dont like it dont watch, it survived this long without you.
        ...Haymon is not a flexing with a cape fighting for the rights of the damned. He is just a manager. No one on this forum, even the overzealous fanboys, want fighters to get hurt and be on the street. For you take advantage of the fact that some fighters get seriously hurt as a way to defend him is actually kind of shameful.

Haymon is not the bogeyman people make him out to be but he is NOT a saintly force for good either.

Remember: The more money his fighters get the more money he gets. Its that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
          ...Haymon is not a flexing with a cape fighting for the rights of the damned. He is just a manager. No one on this forum, even the overzealous fanboys, want fighters to get hurt and be on the street. For you take advantage of the fact that some fighters get seriously hurt as a way to defend him is actually kind of shameful.

Haymon is not the bogeyman people make him out to be but he is NOT a saintly force for good either.

Remember: The more money his fighters get the more money he gets. Its that simple.
          No one but you are putting a cape on him, but the overwhelming consensus on him on this forum (just read) is hes bad for boxing because he gets fighters more money. I didnt insenuate he's some saintly force, you are the only one with such comparisons, What I said is for those that say its such a bad thing and for you to try and put all of that on someone is what really is shameful. Read the comments and see what people are saying why they dont like him. Then read what I said, without the "drama queen" glasses

Comment

I assume you've donated to Ring 10 for his cause.

Comment

No one but you are putting a cape on him, but the overwhelming consensus on him on this forum (just read) is hes bad for boxing because he gets fighters more money. I didnt insenuate he's some saintly force, you are the only one with such comparisons, What I said is for those that say its such a bad thing and for you to try and put all of that on someone is what really is shameful. Read the comments and see what people are saying why they dont like him. Then read what I said, without the "drama queen" glasses
              Ive read and participated in the thread from the beginning. And at no point is what you wrote relevant. Only a drama queen would introduce such a dramatic point.

Comment

and just to educate you...the sport survived because the best got in the ring with the best. thats why people paid to watch and how fighters got paid.

if you really felt this way about the sport you would not watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                  I assume you've donated to Ring 10 for his cause.
                  Yes I did, because I know personally, the sacrifice of an athlete. Not the keyboard warriors

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                    and just to educate you...the sport survived because the best got in the ring with the best. thats why people paid to watch and how fighters got paid.

if you really felt this way about the sport you would not watch it.
                    first off its the fighters are getting paid anyway, just more. so your quote about "thats why people paid to watch and how fighters got paid" is BS" cause they are getting paid and thats the reason people are mad at Haymon, namely Floyd Mayweather Jr. and the amount hes getting paid. Ill be back with some quotes from this very topic to prove my point as to what people are saying and you prepare a generous apology brb

Comment

Haymon is bad for the sport, not necessarily the fighters DoktorSleepless

He's good for fighters ($$$), but not always the sport ***1048;ATAS

also known for getting his fighters the highest recorded purses in there careers,is seen as a bad thing? BrushMyHair

I agree fighters should be paid well for what they do but Haymon has taken it too far and the fans are suffering and will continue to suffer. Ro2535

Fighters get grossly overpaid while fighting soft challenges and being kept away from real threats. Plus his new business model is keeping everything in-house now. ThePrince

NAMES & QUOTES as to what my response was refering to. didnt you say what I was refering to was irrelevant.......... but I showed you quotes and names you can check. Once again you guys dont do your homework before spouting off at the mouth or fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X