Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Cotto get credit for beating Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
    bull**** you would.

martinez was 59 vs. murray. 59 vs. chavez. 57.5 vs. macklin.

sergio never comes in at 60. the catchweight is meaningless. you just wanna use it to discredit cotto.
    But remember how Cotto said to Pac you should fight the champion at his real weight? That's what I mean when I say times change when fans' favorite boxer does it.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      Here are some expert consensus
      http://www.boxingscene.com/boxingsce...rito-ii--46759

We could do a quick search of the board and you'll quickly see that many ppl here that Kneeguel would make a reappearance
      Wow. That shocks me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post

50/50 if you ask me. At least from the posters that aren't morons.
        I would say it was like 60/40 or 65/35 favoring Cotto, I wasn't that involved in it and it was a while ago now so I could be off. I do know Margarito wasn't some kind of big favorite though

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          This place is starting to get over run by "gossip fans" who bring nothing to the table but gossip!
          Lets see them fight and then pass judgment on their performances.

Sergio skips over the number one middleweight to fight a smaller guy!
          Cotto has done NOTHING to earn a Title shot!

Yet people are interested to see if size is the difference when a pressure styled guy fights a boxer who also will run if needed.

Hopefully they call Mayweather and Hopkins and Juan and Manny and they all
          ..."go away" boxing is in very bad need of the fresh younger blood that's all ready in place and ready to go.
          Ray.

Stupendous! Green K sir!

Comment

But remember how Cotto said to Pac you should fight the champion at his real weight? That's what I mean when I say times change when fans' favorite boxer does it.
            what does that have to do with YOUR opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
              what does that have to do with YOUR opinion?
              Now before the stans start going all crazy, this thread is more to see the way of thinking.
              ^^^^^Bold.

Comment

Hell yes he should get credit,, he is going into a weight class he has never been at before and is probably too small for against a HOF caliber long time champ.. Cotto is an underdog so he should get all sorts of credit if he wins

Comment

It's impossible to tell how much credit cotto should get until we see what version of Sergio Martinez shows up on fight night.

I fear it could be a situation similar to when cotto fought Yuri foreman, where they obviously put a disabled fighter in the ring to take a beating.

Martinez could be completely broken down and looking to cash out here, time will tell.

Comment

He's gonna get ass kicked! BUT even if he does win, he deserves NO credit.

I love how you say how bad we are, but come on

Comment

The difference is cotto didn't want the Catchweight for the title, but the commission basically made him do it anyways. While martinez has been calling out cotto before and he's the one that said he'd be willing to do a Catchweight. Also this Catchweight is a weight that martinez usually comes in at anyways when cotto fought pac and when canelo fought floyd they were made to come at a weight they hadn't made before

Comment

Working...
                      X