Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Cotto get credit for beating Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    Because he's been inactive. Almost a year and a half. I'm not saying I don't, but I'm asking you guys.

But Cotto's own fans know that Sergio isn't 100% though.
    He said he is. He's also saying he's knocking him too by the ninth. I'm expecting a well prepared and healthy Martinez. He's had plenty of time to heal bro. 1 Yr plus.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      Well hardly anyone is giving him any chance, so of course full credit is in order.

This has shades of the Margaito rematch. The general consensus was that Margs was going to make him take a knee again, but when Cotto pitched a shut out, then revisionist history happened.

I think Martinez is going to win, but I hope Cotto wins since he's my boy - and if he does, I'm going to be Pac-Boy level troll for at leat a few days
      Cotto didn't really pitch a shut out. The fight was stopped on a doctor's order. His fans are just satisfied with the "W". Don't get me wrong, fans everywhere are the same way.

I've seen what inactivity does to a boxer. Sometimes great, sometimes not.

Comment

The results of the poll should answer your question. 23-0-2.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
          Well hardly anyone is giving him any chance, so of course full credit is in order.

This has shades of the Margaito rematch. The general consensus was that Margs was going to make him take a knee again, but when Cotto pitched a shut out, then revisionist history happened.

I think Martinez is going to win, but I hope Cotto wins since he's my boy - and if he does, I'm going to be Pac-Boy level troll for at leat a few days
          Bull****.

I'm going to need some proof that the general consensus was that a beaten, broken, one-eyed Margarito would beat Cotto in the rematch. I remember some, including myself, thinking Margarito could win if his eye held up, but no way did the majority expect him to win.

Comment

0 votes for no so far. Absolutely Beautiful!!!

Want to buy Floyd Mayweather fanatic votes.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Bull****.

I'm going to need some proof that the general consensus was that a beaten, broken, one-eyed Margarito would beat Cotto in the rematch. I remember some, including myself, thinking Margarito could win if his eye held up, but no way did the majority expect him to win.
              Yea I was going to say I don't remember that being the general consensus around Cotto-Margarito 2, there were some vocal people that said that sort of thing but I recall the vast majority thinking Margarito was broken down and Cotto was likely to gain revenge that night.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Bull****.

Here are some expert consensus
                http://www.boxingscene.com/boxingsce...rito-ii--46759

We could do a quick search of the board and you'll quickly see that many ppl here that Kneeguel would make a reappearance

Comment

This place is starting to get over run by "gossip fans" who bring nothing to the table but gossip!
                  Lets see them fight and then pass judgment on their performances.

Sergio skips over the number one middleweight to fight a smaller guy!
                  Cotto has done NOTHING to earn a Title shot!

Yet people are interested to see if size is the difference when a pressure styled guy fights a boxer who also will run if needed.

Hopefully they call Mayweather and Hopkins and Juan and Manny and they all
                  ..."go away" boxing is in very bad need of the fresh younger blood that's all ready in place and ready to go.
                  Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    A catch weight is a catch weight. One pound says a lot against someone that has been inactive.

If Cotto were to of beaten Martinez at the full weight, I'd go as far as to call it a legendary accomplishment. However that takes shine off it.
                    bull**** you would.

martinez was 59 vs. murray. 59 vs. chavez. 57.5 vs. macklin.

sergio never comes in at 60. the catchweight is meaningless. you just wanna use it to discredit cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                      He said he is. He's also saying he's knocking him too by the ninth. I'm expecting a well prepared and healthy Martinez. He's had plenty of time to heal bro. 1 Yr plus.
                      Many people say things and come fight night, doesn't happen. Remember when Floyd said toe to toe with Guerrero?

Heal yes, but it doesn't change he's been inactive.

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Yea I was going to say I don't remember that being the general consensus around Cotto-Margarito 2, there were some vocal people that said that sort of thing but I recall the vast majority thinking Margarito was broken down and Cotto was likely to gain revenge that night.
                      50/50 if you ask me. At least from the posters that aren't morons.

Comment

Working...
                      X