Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Cotto get credit for beating Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really depends on how Martinez looks, if Martinez looks close to himself Cotto gets a ton of credit if Martinez is a clear shell then he doesn't deserve near as much, then there are all the option in between.

A win is a win no matter what so he should get some credit if he wins no matter what Martinez looks like, but the amount of credit he gets is proportional to Martinez's condition. Not exactly the easiest thing to judge for most people so there would be a ton of debate after.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      I don't think anyone would discredit Cotto if he wins.
      But many have discredited other boxers in the past against greater odds.

Comment

Originally posted by EXPOSEDheroes View Post
        Should you get credit for holding Margarito's balls in your mouth for 3 straight years? Yes.
        si senor...

PRPP

Comment

if he actually beat him he should get all of the credit in the world.......the guy is moving all the way up to 160. that would be his best achievement to date...............

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            But many have discredited other boxers in the past against greater odds.
            Well I say **** those other people.

Comment

Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
              si senor...

PRPP
              That is so racist! lol

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                if he actually beat him he should get all of the credit in the world.......the guy is moving all the way up to 160. that would be his best achievement to date...............
                There's a catch weight, not all the way up to 160.

Comment

Well he is fighting yet Another handicap fighter and is not allowing him to wear his knee brace so IDK but then in the same breath cotto hasnt had a decent win since Alfonso Gomez. So One extermely hyped up mediocre fighter against a handicap great fighter might work. We see how good a fight we got when a great fighter Mayweather Handicapped another great fighter Maidana with the gloves we got a great fight.

So im on the fence about giving him credit, im going to go ahead and vote on yes because as I said cotto is just a overhyped mediocre fighter so beating a 160lb will be a feat even if that fighter is handicapped and not allowed to use his crunches i mean wear his knee brace.
                  Last edited by MaskedMurderer; 06-03-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    There's a catch weight, not all the way up to 160.
                    159.......1 pound (damn near meaningless) you have to remember cotto himself comes from 140. that would literally be the best achievement of his entire career............

Comment

I'm picking Martinez so I have to give Cotto credit

Comment

Working...
                      X