Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Cotto get credit for beating Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    There's a catch weight, not all the way up to 160.
    159 even though martinez never even comes in at the full 160lbs. Also martinez for the longest has been saying he'd be willing to do a Catchweight to fight either cotto floyd or pac. It's not like when pac made cotto fight at a weight he's never been at at 145 or when floyd made canelo do 152 martinez usually weight in at 159 or so

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
      159.......1 pound (damn near meaningless) you have to remember cotto himself comes from 140. that would literally be the best achievement of his entire career............
      A catch weight is a catch weight. One pound says a lot against someone that has been inactive.

If Cotto were to of beaten Martinez at the full weight, I'd go as far as to call it a legendary accomplishment. However that takes shine off it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        A catch weight is a catch weight. One pound says a lot against someone that has been inactive.

If Cotto were to of beaten Martinez at the full weight, I'd go as far as to call it a legendary accomplishment. However that takes shine off it.
        you're definitely in the minority...........have at it.

Comment

He should, but if Martinez comes in looking absolutely finished he obviously will get less credit for it.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
            you're definitely in the minority...........have at it.

Because more of their favorite boxers are doing it. Ohhhh how I remember the times when Packy started doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by EXPOSEDheroes View Post
              Should you get credit for holding Margarito's balls in your mouth for 3 straight years? Yes.
              Y tu maricon...Get your numbers right..He's had them nuts in his mouth for 6 years not 3 vato..

PRPP

Comment

Of course. He's an underdog and for good reason. I'm sure you'll be hard pressed to find anyone outside of Cotto haters who won't give him credit. This will be a huge victory if he pulls it off.

Comment

wat kinda question is this??? only on this website...smh

Comment

Originally posted by Dabuu View Post
                    wat kinda question is this??? only on this website...smh
                    I love it when people don't see outside the box.

What is wrong with my question?

Comment

CW is pointless but I think Cotto just wanted to stick it a bit to Sergio.

Of course he should get credit, the notion of him not getting credit is absurd.

Personally, I have always loved the style matchup for Cotto (I realize I'm in the minority). What always concerned me, and still does, is Martinez's power. I don't think Cotto can hold up to it. However stylistically, I think Cotto will have a good amount of success.

Martinez is nowhere near as fast as people try and make him out to be, he has above average speed. More importantly, he's not a pressure fighter or a high volume puncher. He's also not as big or crafty as Trout (MW or not, Trout is a bigger man). I think Cotto can dictate the pace with Sergio, and usually Cotto gets in trouble when he can't dictate the pace.

But it would be ludicrous to not give him credit.

Comment

Working...
                      X