Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Cotto get credit for beating Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
    Y tu maricon...Get your numbers right..He's had them nuts in his mouth for 6 years not 3 vato..

PRPP
    AV and a sig on the same person, yet pictures me as the nuthugger.

Comment

Yes, IMO if he wins Cotto gets credit.

Sergio's layoff and (past) injuries play into it of course. Its some serious drama bro. Been waiting for this one!

Comment

How much credit can you give a guy for beating a virtual cripple? Martinez's well documented injuries are the only reason most people think Cotto has a chance, and the only reason why he's really taking this fight in the first place.

Martinez isn't even the second best middleweight around.

Comment

I will absolutely give Cotto credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            I love it when people don't see outside the box.

What is wrong with my question?
            Why shouldnt he get credit for fighting a P4P middleweight??? I know martinez is a lil busted up....but Cotto was small even at Jr. Middleweight,

Comment

Ofcourse he should! Cotto is a lil jr mw coming up to fight the best mw in the world for the last few yrs. Sergio should be recovered and ready to go. Only a hater would try to diminish this accomplishment by Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabuu View Post
                Why shouldnt he get credit for fighting a P4P middleweight??? I know martinez is a lil busted up....but Cotto was small even at Jr. Middleweight,
                Because he's been inactive. Almost a year and a half. I'm not saying I don't, but I'm asking you guys.

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                Ofcourse he should! Cotto is a lil jr mw coming up to fight the best mw in the world for the last few yrs. Sergio should be recovered and ready to go. Only a hater would try to diminish this accomplishment by Cotto.
                But Cotto's own fans know that Sergio isn't 100% though.

Comment

Well hardly anyone is giving him any chance, so of course full credit is in order.

This has shades of the Margaito rematch. The general consensus was that Margs was going to make him take a knee again, but when Cotto pitched a shut out, then revisionist history happened.

I think Martinez is going to win, but I hope Cotto wins since he's my boy - and if he does, I'm going to be Pac-Boy level troll for at leat a few days

Comment

like every fight, some will always have an excuse built in.

those guaranteeing sergio is gonna win are already prepared to use his age and injuries as excuses if he loses.

he's the smaller guy moving up. he's been through more wars than martinez has. how many years now have people been calling cotto damaged goods?

of course he deserves credit.

Comment

Of course. No matter how Martinez looks, Cotto is still a bloated past prime welterweight moving up to fight the middleweight champion. Winning cannot be dismissed as nothing.

Martinez's performance will determine the amount of credit, not how whether he gets credit or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X