Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Cotto get credit for beating Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
    What logic? You are a known Cotto detractor. You claim to be a fan but you always find a way to sht on anything Cotto related. Logic and you dont go together when you talk about Cotto.
    His issue is almost a serious disorder. As if he convinced himself, that his life sucks because Cotto is alive. Very creepy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
      Ok, bud. I've seen you go on record with your "catchweight is a catchweight" BS. You're a known PR/Cotto hater with a very clear agenda. I mean why even make this thread (that backfired so hard) in the first place?
      Not a hater, a realist. There was a reason for this thread and you have yet to find the reason for it. I actually knew the Cotto fans would come and vote for yes, even before I clicked submit.

Comment

• Originally posted by EXPOSEDheroes View Post
        His issue is almost a serious disorder. As if he convinced himself, that his life sucks because Cotto is alive. Very creepy.
        Agreed. This guy cannot keep himself away from the topic of Miguel Cotto. He recycles the same vocabulary (Cotto stans, Cotto fanatics) and has a sig dedicated to Miguel Cotto. It's very creepy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          Not a hater, a realist. There was a reason for this thread and you have yet to find the reason for it. I actually knew the Cotto fans would come and vote for yes, even before I clicked submit.
          76 people voted and a WHOPPING 88% voted "yes". That's not just Cotto fans. And to top it off, the people who voted "no" are known Cotto haters and just all around douche bags.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
            76 people voted and a WHOPPING 88% voted "yes". That's not just Cotto fans. And to top it off, the people who voted "no" are known Cotto haters and just all around douche bags.
            It was pretty predictable on the names that would vote for yes. I'm not hating on that. I can see their love for the man. Most of them are the usual Cotto fans but if you'd see one of my earlier posts in this thread, I wanted to see the opinion of Floyd fans.

Comment

• Kind of deminishes the win since Cotto needs to fight a 40yr old late bloomer in Sergio that has not fully recover from a teared shoulder, tear Knees, fractured hand from his last bout, catchweight at 159, cannot wear knee brace on the fight, and has to come in 2nd even though he's the champ.

It will be a great win, but only for Martinez if he pulls it off. How can that be a great win for Cotto, the way things look it's been handed to him.

The winner fights GGG. No more ducking.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                Kind of deminishes the win since Cotto needs to fight a 40yr old late bloomer in Sergio that has not fully recover from a teared shoulder, tear Knees, fractured hand from his last bout, catchweight at 159, cannot wear knee brace on the fight, and has to come in 2nd even though he's the champ.

It will be a great win, but only for Martinez if he pulls it off. How can that be a great win for Cotto, the way things look it's been handed to him.

A prime example of "Flag-Bias" reasoning.

You would think PR is somehow responsible for their plight... Talk about misdirected anger.

Comment

• why wouldn't he? he's a welterweight fighting at middleweight past his best. martinez isn't at his best either but he should have enough to beat cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                    Kind of deminishes the win since Cotto needs to fight a 40yr old late bloomer in Sergio that has not fully recover from a teared shoulder, tear Knees, fractured hand from his last bout, catchweight at 159, cannot wear knee brace on the fight, and has to come in 2nd even though he's the champ.

NSB, everybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                      Now before the stans start going all crazy, this thread is more to see the way of thinking.

Martinez has been inactive for a long time. Being inactive for over a year(due to injuries/surgery), he should of lost his spot, although he does have the ring belt. He also isn't in his prime, coming off surgery, almost 40 years old, and did not look great in his last fight.

Cotto on top of that adds a catch weight to it, so should he get full credit, some credit, or not any, and why?
                      forget the catchweight, its 1lb lol get over it

yes cotto should get credit, he will be beating the best middleweight on the planet with a grave size advantage, if cotto can stop him, it probably goes down as one of the great wins of the century.

Comment

Working...
                      X