Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Cotto get credit for beating Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
    How is that a legendary accomplishment.... you are using the word "legendary" in a broad way. Moving up t
    20 pounds over 10 so years of slowly climbing up is far from legendary.

Fact is he is fighting a powerful middleweight and a man up to his last fight continued to punish opponents. If Cotto wins, major respect to the man and a great accomplishment.
    No other PR in the history of boxing has done it. Just like Roy going up to HW n accomplishing that, regardless if it was Ruiz.

But again, the catch weight takes shine from it.

Comment

• Hell yeah!

He's the underdog, he's frame is more fitted for WW and he's fighting the MW champ.

Comment

• OP loves him some cotto, even more now after he got an eye full of what the average Puerto rican is packing, haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          It's very possible. After the fight, majority revert to stuff.

Way to go on only thinking it's the Cotto nation.

Ahhh so let's play Cotto is the victim card again. He didn't have to fight, he chose to. He picked the money which is why Martinez..ooooohhh for glory?

At a catch weight, something you didn't like before.

I did, I actually did say he wasn't going to fight Martinez. I was wrong with that but I was right about a catch weight if it were to of happen.

This is too funny you people are not seeing the logic with the thread.
          What logic? You are a known Cotto detractor. You claim to be a fan but you always find a way to sht on anything Cotto related. Logic and you dont go together when you talk about Cotto.

Comment

• This is a horrible question. I don't think there are many out there who are even picking Cotto to give a good fight, let a lone win. Of course he's got to get full credit for the win. Let's see the advantages Martinez holds: speed, size, southpaw, and power(might be even).
            If Cotto can pull off the miracle, he deserves EVERY credit in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by spytactics View Post
              OP loves him some cotto, even more now after he got an eye full of what the average Puerto rican is packing, haha
              Can you not wear a tighter shirt man?
              How would you know what the average PR is packing?

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
              What logic? You are a known Cotto detractor. You claim to be a fan but you always find a way to sht on anything Cotto related. Logic and you dont go together when you talk about Cotto.
              I'm a Cotto fanatic detractor. I see what I see. You put him on a pedestal and I explain why he shouldn't be up there. That's it.

If I was truly a hater, you'd think I'd call his win(if it happens) against Martinez close to legendary?

Comment

If I was truly a hater, you'd think I'd call his win(if it happens) against Martinez close to legendary?
                But that 1 pound difference is taking all the luster away, apparently.

Do you not give Pac credit for beating Cotto? Do you not give Martinez credit for knocking Williams the fugg out?

Comment

• Absolutely, give props where it's due.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                    But that 1 pound difference is taking all the luster away, apparently.

Do you not give Pac credit for beating Cotto? Do you not give Martinez credit for knocking Williams the fugg out?
                    Taking all? CAN YOU NOT READ?!?

I do not give him full credit, just like Margarito in the 8th division fight.

Williams asked for the catch weight, not Martinez.

Comment

Taking all? CAN YOU NOT READ?!?
                      Ok, bud. I've seen you go on record with your "catchweight is a catchweight" BS. You're a known PR/Cotto hater with a very clear agenda. I mean why even make this thread (that backfired so hard) in the first place?

Comment

Working...
                      X