Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Cotto get credit for beating Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    Cotto stans defend his diva acts and guess what?!?! Mathafaka this is my thread, I'm the one that makes the demands.

Vote! Vote! Vote! Everyone wants to know.

Comment

Cotto stans defend his diva acts and guess what?!?! Mathafaka this is my thread, I'm the one that makes the demands.
      So now you acting like Cotto with all the demands. Shows who the real diva is

Comment

Says the guy living in fantasy land on how someone like Cotto is king of something.
        It's not my fault Cotto retired Margarito's overhyped ass.

Comment

martinez has been struggling with injuries, but it doesnt mean he will be plagued by them now. the time spent out of the ring was with the sole purpose of allowing his body to fully heal. obviously there are question marks surrounding his age, but cotto while significantly younger has taken far more punishment over the years and he isnt in his prime either.

finally there is a huge disparity in size, i dont think most people realize just how much bigger martinez is. he isnt a small MW at all, he is solid at 160 and will most likely be around 175 on fight night. he will have at the very least 10lbs on cotto in the ring. keep in mind cotto while a solid technician isnt a finesse fighter, hes a guy who has been at his best bullying and overpowering his opponents which wont be an option against sergio.

the odds are stacked well in martinez' favor in terms of intangibles, cotto would have to show that he is simply a greater fighter in order to make up for his disadvantages and come out on top. which he would have to do against a true champion and a fighter who not long ago was considered the fourth best p4p fighter in the world.

so does he deserve credit if he comes out on top? yes, lots of it. i think he is gonna get knocked out so if he wins i would be very impressed. keep in mind this is work both mayweather and pacquiao declined to take, for good reason considering the massive disparity in size. they both came up several weight classes and it has to be enough at some point, then again i said the same thing about cotto when this fight was first rumored. martinez isnt just big he is one hell of a fighter to boot.

so its a very risky move by miguel, may turn out to be a disaster but if he pulls it off it would be the stuff of legends. lets see if he still has that kind of magic in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Diego View Post
            So now you acting like Cotto with all the demands. Shows who the real diva is

It's sad that the diva coward won't vote. Wonder why

Comment

Sort of, not expecting Martinez to look any better than he did his last fight.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a thread backfire as much as this one.

Epic backfire, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
                  It's not my fault Cotto retired Margarito's overhyped ass.
                  Cool story!

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                  I don't think I've ever seen a thread backfire as much as this one.

Epic backfire, lol.
                  Another one that still doesn't get it. It was more to see how fans think on a fight like this. Could be any other two boxers with same scenario.

Comment

A catch weight is a catch weight. One pound says a lot against someone that has been inactive.

If Cotto were to of beaten Martinez at the full weight, I'd go as far as to call it a legendary accomplishment. However that takes shine off it.
                    How is that a legendary accomplishment.... you are using the word "legendary" in a broad way. Moving up t
                    20 pounds over 10 so years of slowly climbing up is far from legendary.

Fact is he is fighting a powerful middleweight and a man up to his last fight continued to punish opponents. If Cotto wins, major respect to the man and a great accomplishment.

Comment

• Of course and Martinez should get credit if he beats Cotto.

Great fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X