Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: "Mayweather-Maidana didn't even hit 800,000, it lost a lot of money"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im glad someone brought it up....i did think it was weird i didnt have to log on that day

Comment

Originally posted by 2014Classic View Post
      Showtime hasn't said anything. 900k is from outside sources. People always stretching facts in this site to make a point.

Now people are using these outside sources as proof showtime is lying. I mean really?

Anyone who thinks Arum is truthful thinks Marquez is clean. Dude only goes into the media to lie. Oly time he makes appearances is too lie.
      How can they lie if they haven't said anything? The question one needs to ask, is why they haven't said anything.

The answer of course is as Fat Dan puts it below:

When a fight goes through the roof the cable systems are more anxious to report the numbers. When a fight doesn't go crazy they take their time. From what I am told by industry sources, Mayweather-Maidana likely will not crack a million buys. More realistically, I am told the number will be between 800k and 900k.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
        Everyone is conveniently forgetting that Floyd was just in the highest grossing PPV of ALL TIME. That money still counts.

Showtime isn't expecting huge numbers every time out, especially when there was minimal promotion. Showtime is simply trying to reestablish itself as a major player and they've done just that. They've owned boxing since 2013.
        Canelo took a chunk of that so it's not as big as you think it is

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          How can they lie if they haven't said anything? The question one needs to ask, is why they haven't said anything.

The answer of course is as Fat Dan puts it below:
          Uhhhh, that's what I'm saying. People are using whatever they can to discredit the numbers, make Floyd look bad, make Showtime look bad..

I'm just stating this, cause I don't get what drives people to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            How would Bob Arum even know the true numbers?
            I was thinking the exact same thing.

Comment

All these numbers to turn a profit. First I heard 1.5, then 1 then 1.2?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                How would Bob Arum even know the true numbers?
                I'm sure he knows several sources that would be privy to that information. He's done business plenty of times with the cable/satellite companies that would know the number of buys.

Comment

I bet el chino brought about 60% of those buys.

Comment

All I know is CBS earnings grew 7% due to non advertising Income, Content licensing and distribution up by 6%' International license and transmitting up 22%, meaning they made over a Billion Dollars this last quarter. Showtime is firmly planted in all of these revenue generating increases, and it's projected to continue when fall quarterly earnings are reported. CBS and Showtime are kicking ass and taking names....

Comment

Schaefer, Golden Boy Promotions CEO, reckons Mayweather's fight on 3 May against Marcos Maidana at the MGM Grand will be "the most expensive pay-per-view card we have ever put together and I believe the most expensive card ever put together in the sport of boxing". He adds pointedly: "I want to thank Floyd Mayweather for making this card happen.".

Comment

Working...
                      X