No announcement yet.

Arum: "Mayweather-Maidana didn't even hit 800,000, it lost a lot of money"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    Because hes been doing business with those cable and satellite providers for years. No one over there is not gonna pick up the phone when Arum calls

Its like when Bill Gates calls a Microsoft Store
    V.true, at this point in his illustrious career, Bob is surely the ultimate industry insider. What Bob doesn't know isn't worth knowing...

Comment

Everyone is conveniently forgetting that Floyd was just in the highest grossing PPV of ALL TIME. That money still counts.

Showtime isn't expecting huge numbers every time out, especially when there was minimal promotion. Showtime is simply trying to reestablish itself as a major player and they've done just that. They've owned boxing since 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        V.true, at this point in his illustrious career, Bob is surely the ultimate industry insider. What Bob doesn't know isn't worth knowing...
        No doubt Bob knows a lot. It's what he says that is garbage.

Comment

Oscar probably told Bob.

Viva Bob Arum!

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
            Everyone is conveniently forgetting that Floyd was just in the highest grossing PPV of ALL TIME. That money still counts.

Showtime isn't expecting huge numbers every time out, especially when there was minimal promotion. Showtime is simply trying to reestablish itself as a major player and they've done just that. They've owned boxing since 2013.
            A point that many people miss ...

Mayweather vs Maidana had little to no promotional outlay.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
              Bob Arum spittin that truth. Protip: Anytime Showtime comes out with a PPV figure subtract 200,000 and you'll have the real PPV numbers.
              lol ya id say about 300k from whatever arum says as well

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                You are basing your opinion on the fact that you were able to log onto this website after the fight? Your comment is more pathetic and desperate than Arum's.
                I've been visiting this site for years. Maidana/Mayweather was verrrrry unusual. The traffic was smooth as silk.

Mark my word doe, Canelo vs Lara would be busy in this site during and after the fight. NSB would have another huge traffic during and after the Cotto vs Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post

i agree if they come out even they come out way ahead and in the 3 fights arent they already ahead of schedule?

Comment

Showtime hasn't said anything. 900k is from outside sources. People always stretching facts in this site to make a point.

Now people are using these outside sources as proof showtime is lying. I mean really?

Anyone who thinks Arum is truthful thinks Marquez is clean. Dude only goes into the media to lie. Oly time he makes appearances is too lie.
                    Last edited by Da Machine; 05-19-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                      First time for a high profile fight (Maidana/Mayweather) that I could read threads at NSB without having to log in during and after the fight. The traffic was as normal as any day here in this site. It was verrry unusual.

I thought to myself, "wow, this fight most likely bombed." Even the Chavez fight was way busier. You have to log in in the Bradley/Pacman fight. NSB was very busy for many hours. 500K is closer.

In the other thread it says it did 900K. That's clearly a lie.
                      Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                      I agreed, this website was smooth as silk

It actually seemed alittle faster that night imo
                      Jesus, they shut it down to members only on big fight nights. Have been doing that for a long time now.............

Comment

Working...
                      X