No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquaiao Prize Awaits Marquez-Alvarado Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    So when Floyd beats Marquez, Marquez was out of shape. But when Marquez gives Manny fits, he's a different fighter. Bigger Floyd beat Marquez with superior hand speed and defense. He didn't use his size advantage like he could have. No you want a guy who came in at 148 to fight a 168lb. Andre Ward. yet when Oscar is talking Canelo, I don't hear a peep from Manny or his fans. I didn't bring up how Manny looked better beating Floyd's leftovers, because Floyd already beat them. Anyway, the point is we're talking the future. Why would a Manny fan wanna see Marquez or Alvarado instead of Khan, Broner, or Thurman is really suspect. Maybe Marquez for revenge, but Alvarado? C'mon Son!
    Just be objective and all else will fall into place.

Marquez fought at highest limit: 135lbs (2 fights - in a span of 5 months)
    Floyd fought at highest limit: 154lbs (3 fights - over a span of many years)

Marquez jumped 2 divisions to fight Floyd
    Floyd jumps 2 divisions and fights Ward

Floyd accepts a CW 144 (9lbs over Marquez's previous fights)
    Ward accepts a CW 163 (9lbs over Floyd's previous fights)

Floyd comes in over the agreed CW by 2lbs
    Ward comes in over the agreed CW by 2lbs

- Floyd beats Marquez :Floyd fans are giving him credit and comparing that win to other fights.

- Ward beats Floyd: Floyd fans like Bronx2245 say its not fair

Last edited by ADP02; 05-14-2014, 08:02 AM.

Comment

here we go again....

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        Just be objective and all else will fall into place.

Marquez fought at highest limit: 135lbs (2 fights - in a span of 5 months)
        Floyd fought at highest limit: 154lbs (3 fights - over a span of many years)

Marquez jumped 2 divisions to fight Floyd
        Floyd jumps 2 divisions and fights Ward

Floyd accepts a CW 144 (9lbs over Marquez's previous fights)
        Ward accepts a CW 163 (9lbs over Floyd's previous fights)

Floyd comes in over the agreed CW by 2lbs
        Ward comes in over the agreed CW by 2lbs

- Floyd beats Marquez :Floyd fans are giving him credit and comparing that win to other fights.

- Ward beats Floyd: Floyd fans like Bronx2245 say its not fair

If that was to happen (Floyd's not that crazy), that Floyd accepted a catch weight, and Ward came in over, that would be unfair. Floyd coming in over weight for Marquez, also unfair. Not recognizing how Floyd totally dominated Marquez, without using his size advantage, unfair. Not acknowledging that Marquez jumped weight divisons to fight Floyd AND MANNY, unfair. Marquez is not a good welterweight. His only success at welterweight is KO of Manny. Bradley is not good welterweight, only success was against Ruslan (not really), and Marquez (a little guy). alvarado hasn't done that well at 140, and never did anything at 147. Don't you want to see Manny fight a good welterweight?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          If that was to happen (Floyd's not that crazy), that Floyd accepted a catch weight, and Ward came in over, that would be unfair. Floyd coming in over weight for Marquez, also unfair. Not recognizing how Floyd totally dominated Marquez, without using his size advantage, unfair. Not acknowledging that Marquez jumped weight divisons to fight Floyd AND MANNY, unfair. Marquez is not a good welterweight. His only success at welterweight is KO of Manny. Bradley is not good welterweight, only success was against Ruslan (not really), and Marquez (a little guy). alvarado hasn't done that well at 140, and never did anything at 147. Don't you want to see Manny fight a good welterweight?
          You tried to deflect the topic and failed.

If you think that Floyd vs Ward is unfair then you need to forget bringing up that Floyd beat Marquez as some kind of achievement as it was not. Nor comparing to other fights.

Manny vs Marquez: That is like Ali vs Frazier. They were tough on each other. Marquez won the last one but nobody can say that any of those 4 fights were easy including the last one which Marquez took heavy punishment as well. So after seeing 4 fights, you can't expect anyone to agree when you bring up your points about Marquez .....

I got to see Manny vs Bradley .... great fight. I want to see Manny vs Floyd but Floyd is not interested. besides Marquez there is not really much left for Manny .... he can actually retire and I would be OK with that as there is little left for him to accomplish unless he tries to go for his final hurrah at 160 ..... maybe just because, but I don't think he should go out that way.

Comment

[QUOTE=ADP02;14551058]You tried to deflect the topic and failed.

If you think that Floyd vs Ward is unfair then you need to forget bringing up that Floyd beat Marquez as some kind of achievement as it was not. Nor comparing to other fights.

Manny vs Marquez: That is like Ali vs Frazier. They were tough on each other. Marquez won the last one but nobody can say that any of those 4 fights were easy including the last one which Marquez took heavy punishment as well. So after seeing 4 fights, you can't expect anyone to agree when you bring up your points about Marquez .....

I got to see Manny vs Bradley .... great fight. I want to see Manny vs Floyd but Floyd is not interested. besides Marquez there is not really much left for Manny .... he can actually retire and I would be OK with that as there is little left for him to accomplish unless he tries to go for his final hurrah at 160 ..... maybe just because, but I don't think he should go out that way.

You are very wrong. It was Pac who ducked May. Have you forgotten the blood testing that Pac didn't want to take? Afraid to be busted? Just ask Marquez and Bradley what reasons Pac gave them in not taking the test. Was it back to the "let the commission do their job"? And by the way, I'm sure boxing fans are waiting for Arum and Pac to built that stadium in the hope that the fight can finally be made.

Comment

Modern day legendary rivalry!

I don't think Alvarado is either a stepping stone or a tomato can by any means, on the contrary, he's actually a very good, good fighter. I think rios is quality competition same as mike but can't see mike beating juan even at Juan's seasoned age. PAC will likely fight juan again and I'm actually looking forward to it. Not in my lifetime have two fighters ever fought one another 5 times, it's historical. I doubt it'll ever happen again either. It's a legendary rivalry. Guarantee you'll see replays of PAC and Jmm fights on flashbacks of greatest fights in history of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by PacmanP4PLegend View Post
                I don't think Alvarado is either a stepping stone or a tomato can by any means, on the contrary, he's actually a very good, good fighter. I think rios is quality competition same as mike but can't see mike beating juan even at Juan's seasoned age. PAC will likely fight juan again and I'm actually looking forward to it. Not in my lifetime have two fighters ever fought one another 5 times, it's historical. I doubt it'll ever happen again either. It's a legendary rivalry. Guarantee you'll see replays of PAC and Jmm fights on flashbacks of greatest fights in history of the sport.
                SMH. Alvarado is a B- fighter at best. If he beats JMM, it's because Juan Manuel is 41.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  You tried to deflect the topic and failed.

If Floyd beating Marquez is no major achievement, then Manny beating Marquez is no major achievement either. Floyd beating Marquez IS NOT a major achievement. Marquez IS NOT a great welterweight fighter. The fact that he gives Manny trouble tells more about Manny. What I want to see is Manny going after welterweights, not Marquez, Bradley, Rios, or Alvarado. All those guys are 135-140 fighters. If Floyd was to choose Danny Garcia or Khan over Maidaina, everyone would be in his ass. Why? Because Garcia and Khan have done nothing at 147 to deserve the shot. Same should apply to Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by 12tribesrise View Post
                    here we go again....
                    yah,but if all this b.s somehow leads to a pac -mayweather fight,then i won't mind,plus it gives me something mindless and somewhat relaxing to do....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                      im a pac fan but if this fight happens i think bob will make everything to favor manny, like marquez will get tested 4 times in a day while pac once every 2 weeks LOL. marquez should just retired because he aint gonna beat manny again.
                      Just like he would never ever KO his ass and guess what? He put him to sleep. Anything is possible in boxing dude get a damn clue.

Comment

Working...
                      X