No announcement yet.

Rewatching Lara vs Angulo.. smh what a hypejob Lara is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    I think they just have a misconception that he's a slick master boxer and when people say he's not they get defensive. I've always said he isn't that.

To me he is just a pure counter puncher that has a style that he developed in the amateurs. He relies on his feet for defense and never really developed a close range game like most amateur stars nowadays don't. But I mean, if its effective and he is winning there is no need to be defensive about it.
    Great post, bro. I guess being black and Cuban just like Rigo automatically makes you a slick master boxer.

As you so perceptibly stated before, Lara is one-dimensional, but sometimes that's enough. What Landy does he does well. I've never been a fan for several reasons, the main one being that Lara is too inactive for my taste; but the people thinking Canelo will have an easy time are in for a heavy sweat on July 12.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      if you havent figured out whether lara is the real deal or not by now you dont know boxing, son.

hypejobs dont beat the **** out of paul williams or box circles around austin trout. we already know both lara and canelo are very good fighters, all that remains to find out is whos better.
      The truth.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        Except Donaire was never really that good. He was a knock out guy. He wasn't special. Canelo is 5x the boxer/puncher Donaire is.

And Rigo is a lot slicker and craftier than Lara is.
        Donaire was a top 5 p4p fighter going into the rigo fight. So stfu, canelo isn't even top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          I agree with you, I may be picking Canelo here but I'm not sleeping on Lara's physical attributes and conditioning. Just think that people aren't rating him properly.
          He isn't considered top 10 P4P by any one and has virtually no fanbase. Don't see what hype to begin with and where is he rated highly other in 154 specifically where he is behind Mayweather and Canelo, which is accurate, unless people think Cotto, Molina, Trout, Andrade, Martirosyan, Charlo or Smith should be in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
            Throws the same punches over and over again, no inside game, shells up whenever anyone starts throwing combinations, no chin, fuggin slowest boxer in the sport made him do the booty dew for crying out loud why is this guy hyped so much? Nothing special about him at all, Canelo's gonna destroy him.
            I agree with you, mate. Green K

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
              He also is not really active, even if he wins he might get robbed. I remember watching the P.will fight, i think i scored it 9-3 to Lara but his style really could not do him justice with the judges.
              But i do give him credit he looks small for the division and Canelo too (height wise).

Look at Lara sparring one of the charlo twins, he looks much bigger compared to Lara

Good video!

Yup, Lara may win but lose because of his low work rate and Canelo's name.

Another point about Lara's size is that he has very thin legs. If he gets hit hard and good, not sure if them legs can keep him up!

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02
                Quote:

Good video!

Yup, Lara may win but lose because of his low work rate and Canelo's name.

Another point about Lara's size is that he has very thin legs. If he gets hit hard and good, not sure if them legs can keep him up!
                Either another troll or he dunno wtf he's talking about.

Lara was dropped twice and in one of them (the first one I believe) his legs went super jelly. He still got up and dominated the rest of the round.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Canelo only has to win 4 rounds and make the rest competitive and he got this in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Either another troll or he dunno wtf he's talking about.

Lara was dropped twice and in one of them (the first one I believe) his legs went super jelly. He still got up and dominated the rest of the round.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    Not sure who you are directing your first sentence at. Was it for the other poster since you said "he"?

So you are agreeing with me about Lara's legs? Kinda makes me question that part of him. The rest is all good except that his work rate needs to pick up. If he has a low work rate, judges may give it to Canelo.

Comment

Canelo stops Lara. Ill be putting real money on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X