Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatching Lara vs Angulo.. smh what a hypejob Lara is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara is abit full of himself though, he's taking his win over Trout as a Buster Douglas over Tyson shocker, calm down bro.

Comment

Fair enough, Now go watch him whip Trouts ass! Lol

Comment

Actually his weakness was exposed during the Carlos Molina fight on ESPN2 to be honest and I like Lara but I feel like he fights off of his backfoot too much and he doesn't stand on his Punches and when the pressure is coming at him he turns into strictly a Counter Puncher just looking for that one punch to hurt his opponent

Honestly, that is not going to beat Canelo because I think LARA will already be DOWN on the Cards before the 1st Bell going into that fight so he will need a KO or a dominating Performance with a HIGHER WORKRATE

However Canelo is NOT at Pressure Fighter so if you don't go GET Lara you could find yourself getting Counter and Pot Shot ALL NIGHT. But I think Lara will bring his BEST for Canelo
        Last edited by sicko; 05-11-2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Canelo will beat Lara with relative ease. Afterwards everybody who is picking Lara to dominate the fight now will say he wasn't **** to begin with and accuse Canelo of ducking someone else. Most likely the Cotto/Martinez winner.

So goes the saga of boxingscene.

Comment

We will soon know if he's a hypejob or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Triangle theory in full effect

You could also say that canelo struggled with trout and Lara easily undressed trout
              Exactly. Styles make fights, but apparently a lot of people don't understand that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                he doesnt throw the same shots over and over again unless its working, even when he does throw the same shots he uses subtle angles that allows him to be effective regardless. finally he is actually more offensively well rounded than most southpaws. most southpaws have a jab and a left hand, nothing else. there are obviously exceptions but lara is more versatile than most leftys.

he has a decent inside game, only reason it didnt show against angulo is because he isnt a moron. fighting angulo inside would be ******, thats perros game. the smart thing to do is shell up to avoid as many shots as possible until you can find an opening to get back outside. that fight was all about distance, i thought anyone was smart enough to see that but i guess i was wrong.

angulo has tremendous power, if lara had no chin those shots would have knocked him out cold. anyone can get dropped though, by your standard chavez, hagler, marciano, hopkins and leonard all had glass jaws. lara got dropped by a punche, thats what punchers do. anyone can go down, its how you recover that determines what kind of chin you have.

he isnt hyped, he had a tremendous amateur career and has followed that up with tremendous performances in the pros against guys like williams and trout. you dont see what makes him special because you dont know a good fighter when you see one. lara is a very good fighter, might be great one day.
                THANK YOU. You don't trade with someone who has bricks in his hands, that'd be ******.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                  We will soon know if he's a hypejob or not.
                  if you havent figured out whether lara is the real deal or not by now you dont know boxing, son.

hypejobs dont beat the **** out of paul williams or box circles around austin trout. we already know both lara and canelo are very good fighters, all that remains to find out is whos better.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
                    Because your boy did the Booty Dew against that bum and had to thumb him to win?
                    Who would you rather have been after that fight....Lara or Angulo?

Thought so....plus you picked Angulo to win.

Also, no one is taking into account the crappy job Virgil Hunter did training Angulo for the Canelo fight....if he trained to seek and destroy like with Lara he wouldn't have looked like he was fighting a hologram.
                    Last edited by Mike Haynes; 05-11-2014, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      if you havent figured out whether lara is the real deal or not by now you dont know boxing, son.

hypejobs dont beat the **** out of paul williams or box circles around austin trout. we already know both lara and canelo are very good fighters, all that remains to find out is whos better.
                      Williams after being whacked into another dimension? Trout after being mentally down after suffering his first loss?

Comment

Working...
                      X