Bermane Stiverne vs. Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx
    Quote:
    Sadly, he's become a troll. I stopped paying attention when he had Bradley up by like 8 rounds in the rematch.
    We all have a little troll in us. I wasn't aware of his scorecard in the Bradley rematch. Imma have to have a talk with him about that. But as I pointed out, sometimes he loves to exaggerate so you gotta know when to take some of the things he days with a grain of salt. Lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Ok first of all, that first bold... Wtf?

Second of all, I know you love to exaggerate but did you watch the fight? It was a temple shot not a shot on the chin. And effortlessly? He was losing that fight and he had been hurt as well. So it was far from effortlessly.

I seen a different fight to everyone else. Stiverne had everything against him (small ring, in Arreola's backyard, referee clearly on someones payrole) & I felt Arreola fought in spurts and was very timid for most part. I didn't see this volume others did, in round 2 & another sure but not the others.
      Stiverne was always in control & was taking most of those barrages on his gloves and arms & I didn't see a lot getting through. Maybe I am biased but I really never seen what others did.
      It was an even fight upto the knockdown with Stiverne letting Arreola work & softening him up with bodyshots. Chunky was knackered by the 4th lol

They basically wanted Mexico's first ever HW champ, sold it as him finally in shape and tried convincing the viewer a different fight was happening.
      Everyone bought rounds 4 & 5 was Arreola rounds, they could of easily been Stiverne rounds & probably was.

I just seen non effective aggression from Arreola and not a lot more.

Comment

31-0, 31 KO's......you don't need a game plan when dudes drop like flies when you touch them. All you have to do is let your hands go and their game plan will become your game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I'll simplify it for you; Wilder lays hands on guys and they crumble. Stivern got continually touched by slow, short Areola for several rounds. Wilder's longer, stronger, faster, and more accurate. I'm not even a Wilder fan, it's just an obvious analysis. The hate is blinding you.
          Against **** competition. Stiverne isn't Scott.

I would be rooting for Wilder. Im a fan of his.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov
            Quote:
            I seen a different fight to everyone else. Stiverne had everything against him (small ring, in Arreola's backyard, referee clearly on someones payrole) & I felt Arreola fought in spurts and was very timid for most part. I didn't see this volume others did, in round 2 & another sure but not the others.
            Stiverne was always in control & was taking most of those barrages on his gloves and arms & I didn't see a lot getting through. Maybe I am biased but I really never seen what others did.
            It was an even fight upto the knockdown with Stiverne letting Arreola work & softening him up with bodyshots. Chunky was knackered by the 4th lol

They basically wanted Mexico's first ever HW champ, sold it as him finally in shape and tried convincing the viewer a different fight was happening.
            Everyone bought rounds 4 & 5 was Arreola rounds, they could of easily been Stiverne rounds & probably was.

Even tho I don't agree with you, I will take this over "effortlessly". Lol

One thing is for sure tho, Stiverne can't afford to lay on the ropes like that vs Wilder.

To beat Wilder you either gotta pressure him and get inside or be a Klitschko.

If you lay back like that, he will snipe you out with 1-2's.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              Stiverne fights like he thinks he is slick, but slow, short Areola was landing close to 30% of his Jabs if I remember correctly, and everything else he threw, and he shook him up and had him buzzed on 3 or 4 occasions. If Areola is doing that to you, Wilder will have you out of there.
              Yea! It was absurd! Chris had these ballerina jabs and wasn't punished for any of them through 5 rounds. Stiverne is another heavy that is content to lull at times. That spells death against the strengths Deontay has, narrow as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Not sure if you are just trolling for fun or if you are drunk or what. Stivernes defense was atrocious. He was posturing a lot, but he was still getting tagged quite clean and getting shook up.

You are a smart guy, and a Rigo fan, so you know the difference between pretending to be slick, and actually being slick. Stiverne pretended to be slick, while getting tagged with every shot Areola sent his way.

Comment

Wilder has fought such bums people are under the illusion where they think a fighter puts everyones lights out & all they have to do is touch the other guy.

All they can do is talk about his power. Are they forgetting Stivernes power & what a pathetic excuse of a chin Wilder has? No to mention no defense and his feet don't react. Hes a far more flawed David Price with better handspeed.

I can't help but laugh at people thinking the gigantic oaf has a bright future. Hes the most sorry ass HW prospect I've seen since Tye Fields.

Tells me all I need to know how these 31 dinner ladies haven't even been able to take away or avoid a right hand for more than a round or two.

I have to give Wilder some credit, its an absolute miracle one of these bums haven't bowled him over yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Yea! It was absurd! Chris had these ballerina jabs and wasn't punished for any of them through 5 rounds. Stiverne is another heavy that is content to lull at times. That spells death against the strengths Deontay has, narrow as they are.
                    What really was worrying about Stiverne, is that he would throw a right hand to the body and get countered with a left hook every single time, and he kept throwing it without trying to change his delivery to avoid the counter hook at all.

Thats the kind of one dimensionality that typifies that fake slick fighters who superficially look pretty in their posture, but are completely unable to do any of the requisite problem solving to actually be a slick fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      Even tho I don't agree with you, I will take this over "effortlessly". Lol

One thing is for sure tho, Stiverne can't afford to lay on the ropes like that vs Wilder.

To beat Wilder you either gotta pressure him and get inside or be a Klitschko.

If you lay back like that, he will snipe you out with 1-2's.

He won't use that gameplan, he probably wouldn't of tonight but the ring was so pathetically small he had nowhere to move.

I think Stiverne being a counterpuncher will look to make him reach. Wilder has a horrible tendency of overreaching, leaning his head to his left when he jabs, his balance & defense is horrific.

I feel he will make Wilder lead & will look to counter him & frankly with those flaws I don't think he can miss. Wilders style plays to his strengths.

I am legitimately expecting a K.O inside a few rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X