No announcement yet.

Bermane Stiverne vs. Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Did you see Chris drilling right through his guard, at will? Wilder needs to do that only twice and it's over.
    He's not going to fight Wilder the same way he fights Arreola. At least I'd hope not.

Comment

The biggest problem is once Wilder gets past the 4th round for the first time, he is going to realize all those blowouts did NOTHING for his stamina and he will be in the deep waters. It happens to almost every guy that has a built up record with all the early blowouts and it will happen to him unless he gets rounds in before stepping up and he does not have those step-up tests under his belt in advance of what looks to be a huge jump in his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        Bigger? When is the last time extra mass has ever worked to anyones advantage at heavyweight? Pretty sure never.

Just makes him get tired quicker. Stiverne reminds me of Andre Berto. Thinks he is slick. Is explosive, and quick so fools quite a few people, but is not that difficult to hit, doesn't take a punch particularly well, and thinks he is slick like Floyd.

That looking right hand from Wilder will have no problem finding him.
        your analysis may be correct.. just based on the fact that we haven't seen them against murderous opposition!

im still thinking 60/40 stiverne just based on the fact that i would have loved to have seen deontay vs arreola to see if he could one punch ko him!

it only takes a few degrees to the left and the force of the blow is negated! deontay has to prepare himself like he never has before to go 15 rounds , he can't take stiverne lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov
          All this talk about Wilders power is because that is all he has.
          If we're honest hes knocking out nightschool janitors & is 'fighting' paid off actors who are finding a soft spot on the mat to lay down on.
          Just about any half decent HW with power does the same to those bums.
          David Rodriguez did it too.

Stiverne just obliterated the iron chinned Arreola, effortlessly, he don't need to load up and throw his shots from the back row. That impresses me far more than a guy who is bowling over guys so damn fat they need a crane to get them in the ring.

The thing is Stiverne has skills to compliment his power. Wilder don't. He is just an overgrown Charlie Z
          it sounds harsh, an overstatement but its the truth. He is garbage!

He is overgrown rubbish who overreaches with everything he throws.
          Wilders balance, everything is a mess. Stiverne K.O's him inside a few rounds.

Wilder might get lucky 1 time out if 10, he does have power. They fight 10 times I fully expect Stiverne stops him 9 times out of 10 and inside the first 6, most likely 2.
          Ok first of all, that first bold... Wtf?

Second of all, I know you love to exaggerate but did you watch the fight? It was a temple shot not a shot on the chin. And effortlessly? He was losing that fight and he had been hurt as well. So it was far from effortlessly.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by 2014Classic View Post
            For real? Who has Wilder beat that makes you think he is the only real 100% pick to win?
            I'll simplify it for you; Wilder lays hands on guys and they crumble. Stivern got continually touched by slow, short Areola for several rounds. Wilder's longer, stronger, faster, and more accurate. I'm not even a Wilder fan, it's just an obvious analysis. The hate is blinding you.

Comment

Did you see Chris drilling right through his guard, at will? Wilder needs to do that only twice and it's over.
              Yeah, that would definitely constitute the 'well damn' that i mentioned lol. Nothing against Wilder, i'm one who supports his slooow path, but now as he enters the real deal title mix I'm just looking for more in a gameplan than assuming he will automatically hurt the opponent

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Ok first of all, that first bold... Wtf?

Second of all, I know you love to exaggerate but did you watch the fight? It was a temple shot not a shot on the chin. And effortlessly? He was losing that fight and he had been hurt as well. So it was far from effortlessly.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Sadly, he's become a troll. I stopped paying attention when he had Bradley up by like 8 rounds in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  All this talk about Wilders power is because that is all he has.
                  If we're honest hes knocking out nightschool janitors & is 'fighting' paid off actors who are finding a soft spot on the mat to lay down on.
                  Just about any half decent HW with power does the same to those bums.
                  David Rodriguez did it too.

Stiverne just obliterated the iron chinned Arreola, effortlessly, he don't need to load up and throw his shots from the back row. That impresses me far more than a guy who is bowling over guys so damn fat they need a crane to get them in the ring.

The thing is Stiverne has skills to compliment his power. Wilder don't. He is just an overgrown Charlie Z
                  it sounds harsh, an overstatement but its the truth. He is garbage!

He is overgrown rubbish who overreaches with everything he throws.
                  Wilders balance, everything is a mess. Stiverne K.O's him inside a few rounds.

Wilder might get lucky 1 time out if 10, he does have power. They fight 10 times I fully expect Stiverne stops him 9 times out of 10 and inside the first 6, most likely 2.
                  He may not be pretty, but you do not get to the olympics, much less medal at the olympics without having skill and some elusiveness. You should know that as a Rigo fan. Wilder is ugly, but he is athletic, and smart enough about how he fights.

You have to remember, Wilder won National Golden Gloves, US Nationals, Olympic Trials, and a Bronze at the Olympics all of it in only 30 fights, and 2 years experience. He has had 6 more years of learning at this point in world class camps, with Klitschko, Haye, etc...

He may not be pretty, but I have full confidence that his ability at this point is world class, and his power, combined with his mildly awkward and ugly offense, make him very dangerous, in the same way that Maidana's awkwardness makes him so dangerous.

Wlad would take him apart, but Stiverne is a middling C class fighter if we are honest, and middling C class isn't enough to handle what Wilder brings to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                    Yeah, that would definitely constitute the 'well damn' that i mentioned lol. Nothing against Wilder, i'm one who supports his slooow path, but now as he enters the real deal title mix I'm just looking for more in a gameplan than assuming he will automatically hurt the opponent
                    Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. He's a mess with huge holes in his game. However, he has the Foreman factor and when the HW division is this sad, that kind of power is enough. Wlad would school him though.
                    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 05-10-2014, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I'll simplify it for you; Wilder lays hands on guys and they crumble. Stivern got continually touched by slow, short Areola for several rounds. Wilder's longer, stronger, faster, and more accurate. I'm not even a Wilder fan, it's just an obvious analysis. The hate is blinding you.
                      I am in the same boat as you, not really a fan of the guy, but its really really obvious that Stiverne will crumble against someone with the assets Wilder has at his disposal.

Stiverne fights like he thinks he is slick, but slow, short Areola was landing close to 30% of his Jabs if I remember correctly, and everything else he threw, and he shook him up and had him buzzed on 3 or 4 occasions. If Areola is doing that to you, Wilder will have you out of there.

Comment

Working...
                      X